WINDOWS 10 NOBLOATWARE EDITION

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by sixor, Nov 7, 2017.

1. sixor

sixor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    good to know, i was using a torrent iso with updates included
    cool, good to know, will do

2. kroko

kroko Newbie

Reputations:
    I've downloaded Windows 10 Home ISO, made a bootable USB stick using Rufus and when I got to the point where I have to choose which windows distribution to install there were three versions: Windows 10 Home; Windows 10 Home N and Windows 10 Home Single Language (among the other pro, education and so on). And all of the three Home distributions are full of bloatware!!! Any ideas why is this happening?

3. sixor

Reputations:
    maybe the iso is bad, sorry

i dont know if anyone else can confirm this?

x64pro is ok, the other isos i really dont know, sometimes msmg does not create the iso in a good way and lose the changes

the quick way to test if the iso is ok is just check if win deffender is off when you fresh install and boot to desktop

carlrock likes this.
  4. kroko

kroko Newbie

Reputations:
    Already used the tools in your gdrive so I'm not sure what was the situation with WinDefender. Maybe for the or the next reinstall I'll try to make my own bloatfree Win10. Anyway, thanks alot for your work!

carlrock likes this.
  5. carlrock

carlrock Newbie

Reputations:
    My .02, I installed Window 10x64 Pro 1709 and it's not rocket science to figure out how to configure it to one liking. I don't need to create a ClassicShell start menu just by unpinging the tiles and pushing that tile block to the left it become just like Win 10 lite Start menu without all the fuss. All one needs to do is study and learn about their O/S to configure it to their taste and usage-that's what I did and have no issue with it. I would start by saying I use OldNewExplorer to change the Explore Ribbon back to a more useful function and then loaded Tweakui 4.3 to remove shortcut and remove Shortcut word and to disable OneDrive. And after some Regedits I found and used in the past it functions just like a Win7 O/S without all the nasty Tiles from MS. I even disable Cortana with Regedit and if one just takes their time to look at the Settings they would better understand and disable all the junk without resorting to destroying the O/S. IMHO-and got no bloatware.....

6. sixor

Reputations:
    hi guys, finally i have a new mobo and my desktop ready, and i wanted to create a new iso, but.................. msmg is not ready yet, just read the forum on msmg and there are many bugs

you cant even remove all crap without creating more bugs like (removing telemetry then windows cant update drivers)

i have been using an iso from gen2 for now, i want to test gears of war 4, forza 3 as i understand they require win store, xbox app, etc

so for now no new isos until msmg gets 1 or 2 updates more

jaybee83 likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Use win_toolkit and NTLite. MSMG removals breaks Windows 10 RS4 and above.
    You can add post install scripts in NTLite by following this link https://gist.github.com/icetee/4bf10b808f4d7892bbc1
    or bloatware removal script from chef koch at github.

jaybee83 and sixor like this.
  8. sixor

Reputations:
    UPLOADING NEW ISO
    WIN10 1803 X64 PRO LITE NOBLOAT 17134.137 28JUNE

MADE WITH MSMG 8.6

I DONT KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK AS ALWAYS, I WONT USE IT FOR NOW BECAUSE I WANT TO TEST MICROSOFT GAMES LIKE FORZA AND THEY REQUIRE STORE AND XBOX CRAP WHICH I REMOVE FROM MY ISOS

jaybee83 likes this.
  9. sixor

Reputations:
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Isn't it dangerous w/o testing?
    Bloatware removal w/o conflicts will be a thing of the past from now. Too many system apps are ported to UWP so you can disable most from NTlite just to prevent installing but once you connect to wifi everything gets installed which is waste of time.
    I use Wub to disable WU.

jaybee83 likes this.