WINDOWS 10 NOBLOATWARE EDITION

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by sixor, Nov 7, 2017.

1. sixor

sixor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well, to be honest i let it connect to internet so it can download some missing drivers and update others

most of the time i have to launch manually the driver update in device manager

2. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That can wait it won't break because your not online. What you need to do is have ready USB downloaded drivers for your board or hardware predownloaded already to offline install. I never had problem doing this especially if your doing a clean install not from OEM Factory Recover media. And even then I remove all the junk. I don't see what bloatware from Windows 10 when it is a Clean Retail media those don't come junkware loaded to start with as compare to Factory OEM Recovery media that always come with junkware one doesn't need and those you can clean and then make Recover media image to restore at later time with no junkware. I installed 1709 and it had no junkware to remove plus I predownloaded all my board/hardware drivers ahead of time and then went offline to install and create Recovery image that can be used later to restore to do update and use my USB acronis boot drive to create and restore the image without having junkware to deal with.

3. sixor

Reputations:
    yep, that would be the best way

but still, for my 2 laptops, i find windows auto driver works, it download the stupid intel hd video drivers, asus touchpad and intel chipset crap.

for my gamer desktop i manually install drivers

i have have a driver pack updated, and it works most of the time too

4. Ruro

Ruro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Edge browser is still there.

Note; I'm back on Fox's Version, and been testing this one out on a different PC. You should use the Tool supplied by microsoft to hide the driver updates. Only download drivers officially from the manufacturer site and looking for the vga's yourself.

sixor likes this.
  5. sixor

Reputations:
    hmm what iso?

weird, but maybe i forgot to press the B key to delete it, that part is annoying in msmg, going one by one app, there is no delete all kay on that menu, sorry

what tool to disable drivers?

you can use wumt to disable win updates, and destroy windows spy, and for driver there is a setting on control panel to disable driver downloads i believe

6. Ruro

Ruro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pro 64bit.

I do miss when the installs use to be only 3.3Gb, I was using the showhidewindowsupdates you'll have to look it up. Basically the tool lets you search windows update untick any ones you dont want to install and only download the security ones etc. Not sure if that even works when disabling driver downloads yourself. I think i tried it before and the drivers still slipped past. Too many unnecessary features.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. sixor

Reputations:
    if someone else confirm this bug, i will make the iso again, i really doubt i forgot to delete something but this can happen if you ever used msmg, pressing letter A B C ..one step at the time, maybe i skipped one letter by mistake

i miss the good old days of WIN VISTA, VLITE AND XP NLITE, those isos were art, those were true lite with no errors or issues, after win7 it went to hell those cool apps to debloat windows, they became way too annoying and full of errors. i even had a 700mb cd of vista lol

WUMT is a tool great for updates, and disable updates too.

8. sixor

Reputations:
    16299.64 coming up

EDIT: 16299.64 is online for win10pro x64 only

added .net 3.5 and dx9c, i hope they dont have issues

please let me know if it works ok, i cant test it since a have no other laptop hanging around, i dont want to format yet mi main pc

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Try in a VM.

sixor likes this.
  10. sixor

Reputations:

yep, but nope

i dont want to, someone else could help