Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Damn which means having to buy Win 11 again. I thought W10 would be the last and was very happy though! I have tendency to lose my licenses/keys.

I didn't install it though! Will stay on build 985 for several weeks or until next Patch Tuesday.

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    You'll probably get it for free. They want you to boost trafic to their Store:D + your privacy has still a value as you know. Exactly as with Win 10:vbthumbsup:

Edit. More fun coming from Redmond.

[​IMG]
    Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency patch released to fix Xbox issues windowslatest.com - June 12, 2021

Microsoft has published a new Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency (out of the band) optional update for PCs running version 21H1, version 20H2 and version 2004. As per the tech giant, Windows 10's latest emergency update will address issues experienced when using the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

KB5004476 is an out-of-band patch and it is marked as an optional quality update. This patch should be installed only if you’re having issues when downloading games part of the Game Pass from the Store. Since it is an optional update, it won’t download or install automatically.

Should you install the KB5004476 update on Windows 10?
    Obviously, if you weren’t affected by Microsoft Store failures when downloading certain games, there’s no need to install out of the band.

There is a reason why it’s labelled “optional” and it’s possible that you can run into other issues if you apply the update that you don’t really need. There you have it[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Microsoft Appears to Be Dropping Windows 10 Support by 2025
    Microsoft has officially listed an end of life date for Windows 10 Home and Pro. A Microsoft documentation officially states that support will end on October 14th, 2025. The company will continue to support at least one Windows 10 semi-annual channel until that date.

Vasudev, Clamibot and Papusan like this.
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank the lord! This pile of garbage OS needs to die! Worse than Windows Millenium! An OS that's always in BETA and Preview updates!

M!cr0$h4ft: If y'all thought Windows 10 was bad, wait till you see what we're about to do to your computing world soon!

[​IMG]

kojack, Vasudev, Clamibot and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I totally agree. It is by far the worst version of Windows; even worse than Millenium, for a number of reasons. It does deserve to die.

I also agree that there is every reason to be worried about what kind of absurd abortion will replace it. Based on all the reasons it deserves to die, whatever replaces it is nearly pre-destined to be a horrible product.

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    What I find troubling is how stupid consumers are. When you start digging, it is worse than it seems on the surface.

The mere fact someone who writes crap for public reading published this shows how deep their stupidity runs. They may actually believe that. Scary.

Microsoft wants you to calm down about Windows 11 (in a twisted, wonderful way)
    Redmond can feel the excitement of Windows users. It wants them to relax by reminding them of how great Windows has always been.

Their video is a reminder of what a good OS Windows used to be. But, the video itself is pretty stupid, and that comes as no surprise. Relaxing? Really? Part of me wants to have pity for them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Vasudev, Robbo99999, Clamibot and 2 others like this.
  7. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What's depressing is that only 12% of people disliked that video! (The green hills remind me of some of the places I used to live, but really, only 12% disliking that video!)

(If you want to listen to some of those vibes done right, then go listen to Max Richter!)

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    It is difficult to gauge based on that because some people never click on like/dislike buttons or give rep on social media. But, it is depressing that only 12% of those that do did so. I am surprised that it is not at least 50%. I suppose it could be that many who are disgusted by it do not waste their time reading or watching videos about things they find disgusting. I do because I want the basis of my gripes to have merit.

Robbo99999, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  9. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    HA HA HA. Certain people don't get sarcasm!

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    You are most likely forced to use Win 11 if you want next gen hardware:oops: I don't expect Microsoft want to put work into Win 10 if they can throw out a new tragedy OS http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...rs-welcome-too.810490/page-1110#post-11100344
    When stupid works together with coding. All think the same and none is able to see the light.

Windows 10 has an optional update problem, and it's annoying bleepingcomputer.com

Windows 10 has a frustrating and annoying problem where Windows Update will only offer one optional update at a time.

This week, Microsoft released the out-of-band (OOB) KB5004476 Windows 10 update to fix an Xbox Game Pass bug preventing users from installing or launching games.

What is frustrating is that even though this update applies to Windows 10 20H2, Windows Update refused to offer it to my devices until I first installed the Windows 10 21H1 update.

And the same gang work on next OS....

[​IMG]
    Microsoft wants to modernize existing parts of Windows 10 UX windowslatest.com - June 14, 2021

Microsoft is in the process of finalizing the Windows Sun Valley, otherwise known as "next of generation of Windows", ahead of its announcement on June 24....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021