Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Microsoft plans big Windows 10 UI refresh in 2021 codenamed 'Sun Valley'"

- Microsoft wants to 'reinvigorate' the Windows 10 user interface next year.

- I'm told that Microsoft is planning to update many top-level user interfaces such as the Start menu, Action Center, and even File Explorer, with consistent modern designs, better animations, and new features.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-sun-valley-ui-october-2021-update

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Let's hope the Windows 8 debacle is well remembered before this supposedly "reinvigorating" release.

[ Edit - I see this was briefly mentioned by @cfe here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-20h2.830339/page-41#post-11054984 ]

2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I really don't know what all the fuss is with re-skinned and slightly reorganised interfaces in Windows, I really don't need it.....it takes about 5mins to get used to a new change and makes almost zero difference most of the time, apart from the accompanying bugs and install time!

3. cfe

cfe Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

This. So much this. :(

10X is concerning to me, but what is even more disturbing is the project head's announcement of the plan to "bring 10X features to 10" and have both "co-exist by side" for indefinite time.

It's already an impossible task to maintain the provision of just one feature-bloated OS operating in a vacuum.

Who can say (or even imagine) what couched phrases such as "reinvent windows 10" will result in.

It's going to be an interesting ride, that's for sure.

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Already mentioned this bad move here... Who need a pure desktop OS nowadays?o_O

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...nd-announcements.826887/page-65#post-11038549

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...nd-announcements.826887/page-49#post-11015862

And the usual....

Microsoft confirms certificate loss on Windows 10 upgrades
    borncity.com 2020-11-01

[​IMG]Microsoft has now officially confirmed the certificate problem, which I already mentioned here in the blog, as of October 30, 2020 and has given details of when certificates will be lost during a Windows 10 function update.

Edit. More of the same.
    [​IMG]
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 issues with network, Start Menu tiles windowslatest.com - November 2, 2020

Microsoft has confirmed two new bugs in Windows 10 and promised that it has already started working on a fix. As we recently reported, Windows 10 has got a nasty bug that's disrupting the internet of some folks when users launch Microsoft Store apps or enable VPN connection, which is obviously annoying.

In addition, Microsoft has finally acknowledged an annoying issue that could result in Start Menu with broken tiles. When this happens, you will notice that tiles are greyed out with an “app update in progress” progress bar.

There you have it:D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Maybe they are using "reinvigorate" to describe the anger and rekindled hate that will be inspired by the next phase of Windows performance and usability degradation that is deployed. They truly excel at failure.

Vasudev, jclausius, cfe and 2 others like this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Microsoft: Windows 10 1809 reaches end of service next week

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ows-10-1809-reaches-end-of-service-next-week/

jclausius, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    steberg and joluke like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I don't need support for Windows 7 (and didn't when it was still supported) so I doubt that will matter for me with LTSC when it reaches the end. As long as it keeps working, that's all that matters. Their "support" causes more problems than it fixes. Better off without it as far as I'm concerned.

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just updated from 1909 to 2004. So far so good. No idea what changed between versions but all went without issues

Vasudev and cfe like this.
  10. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I agree with you on the value of their support, but doesn't the LTSC branch get much longer support?
    IIRC the old LTSB (1607) was supported way longer than the consumer versions

Vasudev, Mr. Fox, jclausius and 2 others like this.