Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Integrating SSU has nothing to do with whether the updates fail or not. It is simply one less thing to worry about when doing manual/offline updates so you don't need to install the SSU (pre-requisite) before you start the process

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Atleast now, you can skip ordering of SSU and CU in NTLite or Wintoolkit.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Microsoft continue the work make the new and shiny OS more tacky/tasteless.

[​IMG]

Windows 10 Control Panel gets another nail in its coffin bleepingcomputer.com | Today
    Microsoft continues to chip away at the venerable Windows 10 Control Panel by now testing the redirection of the 'Program and Features' control panel to the modern 'Apps & Features' Settings page.

cfe and joluke like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Hands-on with Windows 10's new Start Menu bleeping computers
    Microsoft said it will bring the new Start Menu to your devices with Windows 10 version 20H2, which is expected to arrive in October or November.

[​IMG]

Yep, the so called "new" start menu is still disgusting. This won't change....
    [​IMG]

The saviour Open-Shell

jclausius, cfe and 6730b like this.
  7. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Folks, check your Windows Power Settings..... after some recent Windows Upgrades I found out today an update had put me on the Balanced Power Plan when I have always been using the High Performance Plan.

Papusan, Vasudev and cfe like this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    On level with Win 10:) From your link

"Windows Me was even more unstable than Windows 98. That’s what I experienced when I used it twenty years ago, and it’s what many people recall. PCWorld’s Dan Tynan dubbed it the “Mistake Edition” of Windows and said it was one of the 25 worst tech products of all time."

20 years of Microsoft Windows ME - an accident in history heise.de
    On September 14, 2000 Microsoft released Windows ME, the last version of the 9x series. An operating system that should never have existed.

"However, since the system was never stable and often said goodbye with blue screens, Windows ME was deleted after the book projects were completed. For some time there was a desktop system purchased from the discounter for test purposes, which was shipped with Windows ME"

As you can see... Win Me and Win 10 have much in common. Both should never ever have existed! @Mr. Fox

[​IMG]
    Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues windowslatest.com - September 15, 2020

After the release of Windows 10's September 2020 update (KB4571756 and KB4574727), users are reporting performance issues, Start Menu crashes, sign-in issues, temporary user profile bug, Blue Screen of Death, and a raft of other minor bugs. If any of this sounds familiar, you’re not alone.....

Action Center and Start Menu
    It appears that Windows 10 KB4571756 also comes with one hidden change that aims to improve the tablet experience for convertible or hybrid devices in docked scenarios.

Unfortunately, this or some other change in the update appears to be breaking down the Start Menu and Action Center button on a normal desktop. In other words, folks who are using the mouse and keyboard on the normal desktop are unable to open the Action Center and Start Menu.... + A lot more.

--------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

MICROSOFT
    New Windows 10 updates are force installing Microsoft Edge bleepingcomputer.com | Today
    Whether you want it or not, Microsoft is rolling out two new mandatory Windows 10 updates that force installs the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft continues to keep its promise and is rolling out two new updates that will install the new browser into Windows 10 and remove the old version.

The Windows 10 '2020-08 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 version 2004 (KB4576754)' update is targeting Windows 10 versions 1809, 1903, 1909, and 2004.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You grace and mercy toward them is exemplary. "Pig" is putting it kindly. Although, if I were a pig I would be offended. That's quite the mean and insulting thing to have associated with one's pighood.

Both definitely garbage OSes. Both extremely ugly, rivaled only by the aesthetically grotesque monstrosity they called Windows 8.X, performance-reducing and unstable.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:59 PM
    jclausius and Papusan like this.