Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I tried updating to 2004 again (in a bid to resolve the boot issues I described in my previous post) and this time it seems to have worked although it is giving me the option to boot from 2 different locations on startup which is a bit of a pain as it doesn't just load straight to desktop from power on. I think the reason for all these problems I'm having is that it got confused during the installation process because I've got another SSD in the PC that has a boot partition from another computer (a redundant boot partition that I don't use). It might need a reset or clean installation to completely erase this issue, but I'm not doing that yet.

Another thing I've noticed is that it's updated the microcode for my 6700K to CC. I think this is part of the overall 2004 update because all the KB installations are not referring to microcode updates....so there's no way of avoiding the new microcodes if you go version 2004 because it's "built into the core" of the update and is not a seperate KB that can be uninstalled. I suppose I could go the VMWare option to update to change the microcode back to C6, not doing that yet though. Overall disappointing problems and loss of control brought about by Microsoft's Windows 10 ongoing developments and updates.

EDIT: I was able to use msconfig to delete one of the phoney operating systems from the boot menu....as a result the boot menu screen no longer appears on startup, so problem is fixed.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Solutions for that as well. Delete it!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...r1-bios-unlocked.802440/page-29#post-11017238

3. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    @Papusan @Mr. Fox @Spartan @Vasudev @jclausius +++++++ everyone who I missed.

Get ready to be nuked, New M$ Defender is now looking into your BIOS flash chips. Perhaps soon, we won't be able to use Custom sBIOS like Prema or unlocked sBIOS like my AW17 because it has been tampered with or some BS signature checking filth drama. Orwellian dystopia is near, with Kernel Level Anti cheats running in wild barring us to run with DSE disabled (EAC does this on Halo MCC) and what not for crappy fad games (Valorant) where they run the whole time and god forbid who knows what they a people are fine. This is next level.

UEFI scanner brings Microsoft Defender ATP protection to a new level

Check those Secure Core PC's I bet all of them are eligible to be Blacklist.

It constantly keeps on reading your BIOS ROM through the motherboard chipset SPI interface. And any change to the BIOS registers will be definitely red flagged (see below) and also blocking any changes to the HW, I don't know, could be wrong but I get Throttlestop to mind first. And adding any signature verification filth it becomes even more nasty, makes me remember Nvidia Falcon. As there's a picture showing how NVRAM threat was found.

Subverting people to think secure boot is really great and how M$ takes care of them well, pathetic. This new Draconian Orwellian nightmare is not going to end any time soon, I think this is just beginning, very sad how OS has become now esp with Windows. I really miss the era of XP and Windows 7.

A question, can we remove Defender from LTSC ? IIRC it became an integral part of OS and removing it will cause issues.

Vasudev, Mr. Fox, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I have nothing to worry about. Windows Defender is the first thing I disable, or better yet...

Windows 10 Disable Defender Script

Place the $OEM$ Folder in the sources folder on the ISO/Windows 10 USB Install Disk, Windows Defender will be disabled from the get-go when you install Windows

LTSC has Windows Defender.

I first disable it from within the app itself, then immediately disable it from Group Policy Editor otherwise it will re-enable itself upon reboot. Then I disable it once more using Winaero Tweaker and finally I disable its background services which are usually locked:

Enable/Disable Windows Defender Services

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    jclausius, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Vasudev, 6730b and Papusan like this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think it will not affect us at the moment!
    I think in MS Docs, there must be a driver (DCH) which can transparently read through SPI. I think WD broke my sister's laptop BIOS after forced upgrade to 1709. I bet 90% of PCs are not supported since OEM must make driver that can communicate to OS which rarely OEM makes since they use generic UEFI component driver.
    Then again, BGA Jokebooks aka public jokebooks and not Business laptops which comes with dTPM doesn't rely on SoT(Silicon of Trust) keychain and runs on discrete security chip. Ever since Intel security exploits, I disabled fTPM since I don't trust Intel Silicon anymore.

I Hope WD doesn't remove firmware junkware included in my Secure BIOS made by Dell as Malware. Haha....

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    For all of you who is on Win 1809 Home and Pro. It's about time close the doors. Win 10 1809 is still valid until Nov. 2020. There is no need for the moment to jump on the new buggy and flawed Windows 10 May 2020 Update.

Windows 10 V1809: Auto Update to Version 2004 has begun?
    Posted on 2020-06-18 by guenni
    [​IMG]
    It appears that Microsoft has now begun preparations to force systems running Windows 10 version 1809 Home and Pro to update to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004).

Vasudev and jclausius like this.
  9. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    We all know how detrimental UWP has become for Windows platform and Personal Computing as a whole. The best part was it failed horribly due the lack of developer support and MS hamfisted approach to the problem that didn't exist except to take over the Windows and hijack it for their own agenda.

Well they abandoned the Store, but the cancer still lives on fellas...and now it has been reanimated to haunt us forever.

Microsoft’s Project Reunion: Win32 and UWP unite

A quick google on the MSIX takes to MS page,

And then what is MSIX

Say goodbye to any modifications or such which has all those above mandatory restrictions like a noose.

From this link

Funny they mention no longer locked, lmao UWP garbage is only for Windows 10 WaaS, zero ownership while the machine which I'm running is using Win32, same browser can be installed onto 2004 crappy Win10 SAC update or 2019 LTSC release or Win7 SP1 as well, that's called no lock to a particular version of Windows. Not the fake Windows called Win10.

They do mention that Webview2 works for all Windows versions, but remember this is just a PWA and .NET, not the native apps from what I see here, so their BS of selling snake oil of this no Windows version lock is lame, as they want everyone to move to that PWA in the name of more user base (Always OL, Internet connection based just hit the above Webview2 link and see that scale from Reach ---- Power)

Wait you might think it won't fly, yeah it might not fly but look at this link, their GitHub page

Telemetry built into the damned API itself. Next level tracking haha.

And on a closing note ... these are big changes that will be coming to the Windows for the foreseeable future as we see, I expect many changes, Chrome is already starting to use the Edge's Segment Heap from UWP + Win32, Project Reunion for it's BS memory hog but that's the first step, M$ wanted Google to sell their garbage UWP+ Win32, with the world's most popular browser and first software that many install this process is very quick, in exchange they supply the tinder through Edge becoming a Chrome Blink engine clone spybox.

A storm is coming only time will show us if this will fail or not, I sincerely hope it falters and leaves the Win32 alone FFS for the sake of concept of "PC"

Papusan, Vasudev and jclausius like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Looks like Apple took this idea and baked into Mac OS XI. UI looks like Win 10.

Papusan and Ashtrix like this.