Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Aroc, Vasudev and jclausius like this.
  2. Papusan

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Microsoft May Cancel The Plan to Move MSPaint to the Store Winaero.com | Feb 13, 2019

Many people were not happy with this move from Microsoft. They were not ready to exchange the good old mspaint.exe with a completely different Store app because the old Paint has its own advantages and Paint 3D does not surpass it in every way. Classic Paint always loaded much faster, and had a more usable and friendlier user interface with superior mouse and keyboard usability.

However, in the latest Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Microsoft has silently removed the Product Alert notice. See the screenshot from build 18334:

[​IMG]

The button is missing in the toolbar.

While the change wasn't officially announced, Microsoft might have figured out using the collected Telemetry data that only a small number of users actually use Paint 3D instead of the classic Paint app. So, we will see what actually happens with Paint this fall.

What? They have somewhat started use what they have above the shoulders?:eek: Shocking!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Aroc, Vasudev and jclausius like this.
  3. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Microsoft begins work on its 2020 Windows releases in new preview"

- Microsoft has published a new preview release of Windows 10, build 18836, to participants of the "Skip Ahead" group. But it's not quite the preview that they were expecting to get.

- today's Skip Ahead release to be a preview of 19H2, version 1909, due in October. But it isn't; it's skipping ahead not one but two releases, all the way to 20H1, due in April 2020.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...ew-build-skips-all-the-way-to-a-2020-release/

Just in case you were wondering if Windows 10 would be around in 2020.

Aroc and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If they don't pull themselves back W10 will be deprecated in favor of Linux. I had enough of Windows 10.

5. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Microsoft just made Windows 10 updates a little easier to understand"

- Microsoft says in the upcoming release of Windows 10 version 1903 it will get rid of the 'Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)' SAC-T label, making life a little less confusing for admins.

- The move should simplify things for IT pros and users who may have been confused by Microsoft's terminology and what it meant for deploying Windows 10 to devices.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-just-made-windows-10-updates-a-little-easier-to-understand/

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    jclausius and Vasudev like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Nice. Micro$oft use older (still supported) Windows X versions as guine pig for their last new and pretty. Maybe too scared that they could risk screw up Win X 1809 even more if they pulled it out same time as their other Junk?:rolleyes:

Microsoft pushes odd third-Tuesday cumulative updates for Win10 1803, 1709, 1703 and 1607 – but not for 1809
    Posted on February 20th, 2019 at 06:31 woody Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    I think this is good news.

Yesterday Microsoft published cumulative updates for the older versions of Windows 10, but didn’t release one for the latest, version 1809. I take that as a good sign — perhaps Microsoft is letting its 1809 patches bake a little longer.

Moral of the story: Don’t click Check for Updates!

Details in Computerworld Woody on Windows.

UPDATE

We also have:

KB 4487016 – Preview of the Win8.1 March Monthly Rollup

KB 4486565– Preview of the Win7 March Monthly Rollup

The Microsoft Update Catalog also shows that several of this month’s Win10 Cumulative Updates were re-issued. Not sure what’s up with that, but it usually means there was a change in the metadata — which means it changes the installation logic.

ANOTHER UPDATE

Now at least one of the Knowledge Base articles is being changed to say that yesterday’s non-security updates do NOT fix the acknowledged bug:

• After installing this update, some users cannot pin a web link on the Start menu or the taskbar.

Windows Patches/SecurityKB 4487006, KB 4487011, KB 4487021, KB 4487029

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yeah, exactly. Their new trash need more love.
    upload_2019-2-21_1-31-29.png

@Ultra Male Micro$h4ft need you badly:rolleyes: Please download and install (Guinea pig version in the link below).
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-hotfix-repository.57050/page-374#post-1504672

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and Vasudev like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  10. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have disabled all Win10 updates all the time, but error log was showing touchpad driver constantly trying to update, failing, trying again etc. Not knowing any better I decided last night to re-enable auto updates, hoping things get fixed on it's own, before I put auto update block again. Sure enough, as soon as auto update became available I had some driver updates and some critical update. After that I rebooted computer and that was the end of my working system, black screen on the boot up, nothing works. Trying hard resets-no, safe boot - yes once, no boot second time. Had no choice but restore system back few hours and disable auto updates again, so all it's working fine now. All I can say is WTF, but yes, things can get worse.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.