Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ha, what the hell was going on there!? Looks like he took some illicit substances before going on stage! Was that dancing or just excited pacing, I'm confused?!

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    jclausius, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Just think how great things could be with Micro$lop and computing in general if the industry was dominated by technology leaders with those levels of energy and passion.

Things suck from the top down. It shows in Windows and most of the hardware it runs on, and the alternative (crApple) is even worse... not to mention the end users that are so content with the pathetic broken garbage the are consuming.

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Windows 10 1803 - Support ends today (12.11.2019)
    [​IMG] good Morning November 12, 2019

Once as a last note: Who is still on the road with the Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update), will receive the latest update today. Because the support ends with today's Patchday.

----------------------------------------------

.NET Framework Repair Tool has been updated
    [​IMG] good Morning November 12, 2019

In a nutshell: Microsoft updated its netfxrepairtool.exe repair tool for the .NET Framework to version 4.8.04072.0 Release 1.4. New in this version is that the support for .NET Framework 4.6.2 to .NET Framework 4.8 is now available. The tool can be started directly in case of problems, used via command line or offline. The command prompt commands are well detailed on the page. The offline installers for the .NET Framework are there as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 November 2019 Update Is Officially Out to the Public!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10.762434/page-568#post-10965831

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Mr. Fox, jclausius and Vasudev like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    As I said many months ago... Micro$oft chickened out and was too scared doing major changes (aka implement new bugs) for coming 1909. This because a lot of Win 7 users/companies will have to migrate over from Win 7 now as its near EOL in January.
    [​IMG]

Microsoft Says Windows 10 1909 Service Pack-Style Update Is Likely A One-Off
    You may have noticed that installing the November 2019 Update for Windows 10 went quite a bit quicker and was hopefully less problematic than some of the prior feature updates Microsoft has rolled out. There a few reasons for this. One is the nature of the update—unlike past feature upgrades, the November 2019 Update...

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Microsoft Warns of Uncommon Windows 10 Thunderbolt Issue bleepingcomputer.com | Nov 28, 2019
    Microsoft has released a support bulletin that warns users of a new issue in Windows 10 that could cause Thunderbolt devices to stop working under certain situations.

According to the bulletin, this issue is occurring to users running Windows 10, version 1909, 1903, 1809, 1803, or 1709, have Fast Startup enabled, and have multiple devices plugged into a Thunderbolt dock. Yet another reason Fast Startup feature is junk! @Mr. Fox +++

jclausius, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Mine seems disabled by Dell due to faulty PD chip or something. Mine doesn't work at all! Only Ubuntu detects it but I haven't been able to get it working.

9. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is this fast startup aka hibernation? If so, that thing is broken since at least Win7, maybe even win xp, doesn't matter it was called hibernation back then, same thing. It was corrupting my HD on dual boot computers, always first thing I disable since then.

0lok, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Windows 10 features we’re no longer developing"

- Each version of Windows 10 adds new features and functionality; occasionally we also remove features and functionality, often because we've added a better option.

- Below are the details about the features and functionalities that are no longer being developed in Windows 10...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/windows-10-deprecated-features

Snipping tool was one of my favorites.

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Robbo99999 like this.