Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    When Govt agency pressurize a company they will do these things to give people false sense of privacy protection and world peace.

joluke and hmscott like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I'm sick of it. Bro @Mr. Fox you want this move? Worse and worse for each new OS version.

Microsoft Will Update Notepad Through Windows 10’s Store Htg.com | Aug 16, 2019

While surprising at first, it shouldn’t be a shock when you consider other recent developments. More and more apps have been casually moving outside of Windows to the Store. The new Windows Terminal application is delivered through the Store, and Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge web browser will also be updated through the Store more often than every six months.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Hmmm. I've to waste 1GB for app updates after fresh install. It seems I've to replace everything inside Win 10 for 3rd party when you can't even use notepad application w/o updates. Not much difference from Mac OS or iOS nowadays......

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Would you trust on this man and the company he is CEO for?:rolleyes:
    upload_2019-8-17_14-11-55.png
    https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/?fref=privacy-banner-statement#introductionmodule

At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are doing this by building an intelligent cloud, reinventing productivity and business processes and making computing more personal. In all of this, we will maintain the timeless value of privacy and preserve the ability for you to control your data.

This starts with making sure you get meaningful choices about how and why data is collected and used, and ensuring that you have the information you need to make the choices that are right for you across our products and services.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I trust Nadella but not his underlings. Haha...

hmscott likes this.
  6. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I tend to agree, Satya seems to be a decent dude. Now if it were Ballmer still running the company then a big hell no from me.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Paint and WordPad Will Be Optional Features in Windows 10 Winaero.com | Aug 18, 2019

As you may remember, the good old Paint app was destined to become an optional feature in Windows 10. The latest Insider Preview build 18963 indicates that WordPad shares the same fate as Paint.

The optional features page in Build 18963 now lists both Paint and Wordpad apps. This means that both apps can be uninstalled, and they can also be eventually excluded from the default app set of Windows 10.

Vasudev, hmscott and 0lok like this.
  8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If only telemetry or even the other crap like useless games and useless apps no one uses were optional too... They should release LTSC for the general public and call it: Windows 10 CF (Crap Free) and allow us to buy a single license for it..

I know I would purchase it as soon as it came out

Vasudev, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    No, we obviously can't trust him since the actual things he is allowing his company to do are bad. You can't judge him as his PR presents him, you have to judge him on his end works.

"...making computing more personal. In all of this, we will maintain the timeless value of privacy and preserve the ability for you to control your data"

"making computing more personal"

"Make no mistake, we are after you personally..."

"timeless value of privacy"

"Your personal privacy has timeless value to us and to whomever will pay us for it..."

If the setup is a wrapper of twisted deceptions of the truth then the package they are trying to deceive me about must be an even bigger lie.

"[to] preserve the ability for you to control your data"

"We are not only going to take your data from you, we are going to control your ability to stop us from taking it."

Their truth is barely hidden by lies, their lies merely frame that which we must be wary about.

Papusan, 6730b and joluke like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations: