Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Kill it... all of it.
    upload_2019-7-28_15-55-0.png

6730b, Vasudev, jclausius and 4 others like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There used to be a visible option during initialization / install to create a local account, now it looks like you are forced to sign in to an existing MS account - or sign up for a MS account - but I found an easy way through - I used a bad password and it let me pass through to using a local account... it may have also been a bad login username - I banged through it pretty quickly. :)

When setting up new users it tried to do the same thing.

Another option I was considering until the bad MS login worked was to create a dummy MS account and then after install delete that account (or keep it for new installs only) and switch to a local account after install.

Keeping an image of an install with a local account login to install on new hardware is another option, but less good considering the variety of hardware - it's easier to use the built image for a laptop that came with it when initializing.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Just don't allow any internet connection and the push for a Micro$lop account will fail. Once it fails you can choose the option for a "domain" or "work" account (or something worded in a similarly deceptive manner) instead of an online account. Then you don't have to deal with the bogus accounts and what not. I refuse to purchase or leave installed any "Home" version of Windows, so I don't know with 100% certainly it works with the noob peasant versions of Windows.

Vasudev, jclausius, joluke and 3 others like this.
  4. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I will for sure. Thanks for the screenshot of the modded services

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
  6. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Vasudev, joluke and Papusan like this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think Adamantium and Wolverine are copyrighted!
    I hope people won't get rebounded from Win 10 to Linux as an effect of Vibranium.

Papusan and jclausius like this.
  8. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    14 years ago, and things haven't changed in the Redmond zoo :O)

"The Committee to Fight Microsoft", 2005:
    "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us to spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad of defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code."

https://betanews.com/2005/08/09/anti-ms-group-aims-to-block-vista/

hmscott, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^ Ref. the above posted article.

"With the release of the August 2019 security updates, Microsoft has released 2 advisories and updates for 94 vulnerabilities. Of these vulnerabilities, 26 are classified as Critical. "

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-2019-patch-tuesday-fixes-95-vulnerabilities/

94\26 this time. How many 100's they don't know about yet? How many through the years, 1000? 10000? How can anyone release such products to the general public, governments, health, banks, defense etc. Incompetent, blind, stupid? Time for a namechange: Windows Swiss Cheese.

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Contractors Listening to Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant, & Skype Audio – Apple & Google Suspend Their Programs But Microsoft Refuses to Back Down wccftech.com | Aug 16, 2019

Microsoft updates its privacy policy admitting humans listening to recordings
    “The fact that I can even share some of this with you shows how lax things are in terms of protecting user data,” the Microsoft contractor who sent the files to Motherboard said. While Microsoft isn’t the only company being “lax” with user data, it certainly is the first one to update its terms and conditions to include “human analysis” to avoid any future troubles. Since no one actually reads those documents, the company will have a solid pathway to keep doing things the way it is currently doing."

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------

More disgusting...
    Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates Ghacks.net | Aug 16, 2019

Closing Words
    An issue that affects all different versions of Visual Basic on all supported versions of Windows, that is a major one. Microsoft really needs to rethink testing and evaluating of updates to avoid major breakage like this from happening especially if it concerns in-house products like Visual Basic.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    0lok, Vasudev, 6730b and 2 others like this.