Windows 10 News and Announcements...

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by jclausius, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    KING19, Vasudev, 6730b and 3 others like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    And if they try to make it more secure, something has to break. The usual after patch Tuesday.

New Windows security updates break network printing bleepingcomputer.com | Today

Windows administrators report wide-scale network printing problems after installing this week's September 2021 Patch Tuesday security updates...

3. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They simply cant get it right.....

In other news its the last patch before Windows 11 is released to the public and i wonder how badly they'll screw up more things. :p:p

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think they are working the angle that if they screw up Win10 badly enough some people might come to the conclusion that "Win11 just can't possibly be worse, can it ?"
    It's twisted, sure, but knowing Microshat it just might really be the angle they are in all seriousness working.
    World dominance by ineptitude FTW!

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    For those of you that don't want to buy the Win 10 Pro license on the grey market. PcWorld Store should be a legit and trustworthy web store.

The Pro version is the way to go if you later want to update to Win 11. Even if you prefer stay on Win 10. Newer doesn't always mean better.

See also... http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-11.836230/page-58#post-11117106

[​IMG]
    Save big on Windows 10 Pro: Snag it for 75% off
    pcworld.com

If you’re a PCWorld reader, there’s a good chance you’ve built a PC or two—and every PC build needs a copy of Windows 10. The full retail version of Windows can be pricier than some hardware parts themselves, so it always pays to jump on Windows 10 deals when they become available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows PrintNightmare: Microsoft confirms problems after September 2021 update borncity.com | September 18, 2021 by Günter Born

[​IMG]
    For months, there are a number of vulnerabilities in Windows Print Spooler service that are grouped under the term print Nightmare in all versions of Windows. Microsoft has been trying to completely close the vulnerabilities since July 2021, but has problems. The updates released for patch day on September 14, 2021 also cause problems that Microsoft has now partially admitted. There is advice on updating the printer driver in order to print again

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Vasudev, jclausius and etern4l like this.
  6. seanwee

seanwee Father of laptop shunt modding

Reputations:
    Imagine buying windows

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm unable to update my older PC I'm getting PSFX not found. I think I will need another in-place upgrade!

Normimb and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    And here we are again. The missery will never end for the latest and greates versions of Win 10. Don't expect that the patch updates for Win 11 will be any better.

[​IMG]
    Windows 10: Applications cannot be opened or closed again immediately has been fixed by Microsoft deskmodder.de September 25, 2021

After installing KB5005101 or later it can happen that apps and programs cannot be opened or are closed again immediately. Microsoft has corrected this error through the Known Issue Rollback (KIR) function. It will take about 24 hours for this problem to be resolved automatically. A restart helps that the problem is resolved sooner. As Microsoft writes, this error occurs on Windows 10, Server 2019 and Server 2022 when Microsoft Exploit Protection Export Address Filtering (EAF) is enabled. Other problems can be that files cannot be opened or that a white window appears when logging in.

The article also describes how to check the group policy. However, this is not necessary for us “normal” users. The group policy only regulates whether and how KIR can be carried out.

SOURCE: DOCS.MICROSOFT.COM

9. Normimb

Normimb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks. Exactly the issue i just had. Outlook 2016 would crash just after startup. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the issue. I ended up failing miserably a rollback to a point i had to restore an old image of windows 10. Then the issue came back.
    I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the .json files in windows outlook 2016 directory.
    I am pretty confident that this windows update was the source of the issue.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Vasudev, etern4l and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    It's for a reason for Microsoft get a high score:D

[​IMG]

The Most-Despised Tech Brands pcmag.com

And I expect it won't be any differnt with Microsofts HW requirements for Win 11:D

Bro @Spartan@HIDevolution can yoo feel the hate? Or is it overblown? @Mr. Fox

jclausius, Normimb, 6730b and 2 others like this.