Windows 10 LTSC & Pro - Debloated with several enhancements

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by S.K, Mar 6, 2021.

1. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Appreciating any concern. But the average, 'normal' windows users will come across \ read \ understand, this topic as often \ as well as my dog will. What to speak of download \ install any ISO. So, zero risk of lack of support, neither for the dog nor anyone else. Keep up the good work.

S.K likes this.
  2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah this is for those who would do pretty much anything other than contact M$ for help, you'd probably get reinstall, restart and a bunch of generic support links from them, nothing more. It's implicit to use custom OS, or custom anything, at your own risk, it's not even that big of risk, anyone doing this is perfectly capable of just going back to what they had before and doesn't need babysitting.

S.K likes this.
  3. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @S.K So I installed the 2004 Iso in the debloated version and it was all good - until I wanted to remote into a few virtual machines :)
    No dice there as the windows remote options seem to be missing completely, I hope it is not too difficult to bring them back?

4. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    You can add the missing stuff back up via add/remove windows components, although I would advise you to use VNC instead of default Windows remote desktop as it is more robust and does not require a whole bunch of MS services running in the background all the time.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Rokobo likes this.
  5. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have tried VNC and find it too slow for my taste, maybe at a later point.

Where can I find add/remove windows components?
    I am looking at Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features but there is no such option nor does windows search bring up any hits.

6. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Search for "Manage Optional Features" in start menu. However I'd strongly suggest to not unnecessarily bloat up your windows installation. You can use NoMachine or AnyDesk as a good solid alternative. Team Viewer is also an option but it's upto you. For LAN, I think NoMachine is the king.

7. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are there any advantages in the LTSC 2019 over the 1809 version of LTSC? Ive been running a debloated 1809 version for quite some time, and found it to be somewhat palatable.

8. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    LTSC 2019 can be updated with security/bug fix patches if this is something you need/want. You can download them forwards as standalone patches and install it later (Of course with network disabled:)) when you see there is no major problem with them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Raiderman likes this.
  9. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So....Nothing then. Microsoft's so called "security" patches are more like telemetry patches (updates).

S.K and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    LTSC is probably the most secure Win 10 OS regarding telemetry (This OS isn't meant for consumers).
    [​IMG]
    But yeah, you can't be 100% sure what they'll put into their patches. At least you have some sorts of control yourself and you won't being forced on unwanted feature/driver or obscure patches by Microsoft.

Yoo can use whatever Win 10 version if you close the door and don't need security patches. Only make a Macrium as backup if something happens.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021