Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Hits RTM Ahead Of October 17th Launch

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Dr. AMK, Oct 5, 2017.

1. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So will they have a ISO where one can burn to USB or DVD to use? I made a USB install with
    Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update ISO 1703. Will this be the latest update? And will this work with my digital upgrade Key? Does anyone know about this last part?

2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is the 1703 you ask for
    Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 Download (Build 15063.0) – Available Editions

The last Build you can find it here:
    build 16299 which is the final RTM Build for Redstone 3. Check this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-bloatware-free-edition.804247/

Mr. Fox and Phoenix like this.
  3. StormJumper

Reputations:
  4. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
    All links are working fine, please check you internet settings.

If you can wait for few days, the Fall edition will be officially released by Microsoft and you will get it by Windows update or download it from Microsoft.

Phoenix likes this.
  5. StormJumper

Reputations:
    The link goes there but there is nothing on the first page where it is pointing. Don't see the links - can you show a screen shot showing the links?

6. Dr. AMK

Reputations:

Attached Files:

7. StormJumper

Reputations:
    That is so strange how come when I want to see it I don't?????

So should I wait for the RTM CU to redo my system with NVMe drive?

8. StormJumper

Reputations:
    If possible I would download the ISO and create USB boot and install from there I don't trust such a big download and it more or less will not go as butter as one may thinks for such a big update. I am downloading the 1703 iso as archive and storage uses.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  9. StormJumper

Reputations:
    Do you know what day that it will show up and where the link will be? Look like the site says October 17...ugh...gotta wait now to see the links for RTM and then I will give that a try. But I will most likely create a USB bootable not a DVD disk. But I also found on on my system with SSD and NVMe I should disable the Sata connections in UEFI as I found out that it will write to my C: SSD drive which messed up my system but fortunatly I had a image of the drive to reboot it. Now I will disconnect all my UEFI Sata to disable and any other PCI Sata adapter cards to prevent that repeat. All I know from what I read that system with SSD/NVMe don't like each other when both connected it spread the format to the NVMe and SSD-of which makes no sense since I choose the NVMe as the main boot and installation drive. Go figure....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  10. StormJumper

Reputations:
    @Dr. AMK, I didn't like what happened and was very unhappy when that happened - lucky, I had backups of which most people don't have if this snafu happens. So anyone reading this if you have SSD/NVMe drives remove all SSD or disable the UEFI Sata controllers and unplug any Sata cards cables to avoid wiping out drives that contain your precious info. For desktop with multiple drives this is a must and for laptop that is much harder unless you unplug the SSD drive itself if yours have both SSD and NVMe connections. I don't know why Windows 10 can't just format to the NVMe but it's a pain the a55 to do so you don't screw up your drives.
    There is a link about this: But I thought it couldn't happen but it did. This is something that most should be inform when buying a NVMe drive but you know they want your money but fail to tell you what would happen in SSD and NVMe drive configurations.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...windows-10-after-m-2-nvme-ssd-upgrade.787420/

Now what I will have to see is when I do a Acronis image backup will it work like I think it will work??? This will be the test and I hope it works otherwise it will be a long night.

Dr. AMK likes this.