Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Powell420

Powell420 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's really great to know. What do you work on for VR?

2. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I create realistic environments for players to explore using Unity. The application I'm working on is specifically for hospital patients.

Vasudev and Powell420 like this.
  3. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Edited:
    Ignore please. Realized put on the wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Microsoft Store is working perfectly fine on LTSC and is available to download in the OP (don't forget to unblock the file before unzziping)

O&O ShutUp10 has nothing to do with the functionality of the MS Store.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  5. Powell420

Reputations:
    I know this thread is meant for LTSC but I need a bit of help with LTSB 2016, I want to use an older build of Windows 10 since my drivers work for LTSB (thanks AMD) when I boot off of my usb (I booted using UEFI) but I keep getting "B1initializelibrary failed 0xc00009a" when trying to boot into the setup. I never had any problems installing LTSC 2019, I just want to use an older build. Any help would be appreciated.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That seems like it might be an AMD firmware (Agesa) problem. If there is a Secure Boot component to it, you should disable that. Also, if you have an option to use Legacy BIOS (or UEFI with CSM) use that instead of a pure UEFI mode. You may need to create a new USB installation media if you built it to run in UEFI mode only.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...failed-start-os-on-64-bit-uefi-based-computer

Vasudev and Powell420 like this.
  7. Keith

Keith Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    One word of warning though, and I hope this doesn't apply to you, because unfortunately it did to me. :(

There were programs that I would try to install on LTSB 2016 that would halt the install saying it needed to run on v. 1703 or newer. Thus forcing the move to LTSC 2019 in my case.

Powell420 and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I experienced the same. I also could not get any drivers (stock or modded) that would allow my 2080 Ti to work on a Windows 10 OS older than 1703. Windows 7 works flawlessly (thank God) but weird (and ludicrous) that an older version of Windows 10 does not. I just wish they would knock it off with the control freak crap. Let people use whatever they want and mind their own damned business. The fake incompatibility nonsense needs to stop.

9. Powell420

Reputations:
    I really hate how some programs or games etc require a specific build of Windows 10. What difference does it make if I want to use 1607 over 1703 or 1809 or whatever build it wants me to use for the program to work as long as its Windows 10 it shouldn't matter whether I'm running 1507 or 20H2. This has never been a problem with previous versions of Windows with 8.1 and earlier.

10. Powell420

Reputations:
    I'm thankful that AMD seems to be less strict when it comes to whatever build of Windows 10 you're running. (Or might just be my specific hardware, specs are in my signature) I mainly just use my PC for creativity, PC gaming and VR gaming (all I ever play is HL Alyx and H3VR at this point) I just want to run an older build of Windows 10 at least 1607 to get rid of the newer features that are on newer builds to make it lightweight, fast and to have my OS get out of the way with a lot less trash I'll never use.

Clamibot, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.