Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I can't see many reasons jump on newer LTSC version. It's just a newer version with even more drawbacks:)

Ashtrix, jclausius, Normimb and 3 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That is a foregone conclusion and the burden of proving otherwise is on the Kool-Aid drinking nitwits. The degradation of Windows 10 with any version "upgrade" is inevitable. There is never a compelling reason to move to newer version except when the Micro$lop Monkeys fabricate one by intentionally breaking functionality or similar dishonest arm-twisting shenanigans. Their stupid masochist two-pronged approach (genocide and Kamikaze) to OS development is pretty pathetic.

jclausius, Aroc, Normimb and 2 others like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:

Win 10 failed hard. Near 5% less performance.
    https://hwbot.org/submission/4636685_papusan_superpi___32m_core_i5_5200u_12min_25sec_280ms/
    [​IMG]

Win 8.1 and a new Gold on the bot.
    https://hwbot.org/submission/4644222_papusan_superpi___32m_core_i5_5200u_11min_49sec_895ms/
    [​IMG]

Yeah, new has to be better:rolleyes: Win 8.1 is a ugly OS but you can at least grab some Gold with the old.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Ashtrix, Clamibot and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Funnily enough, while benchmark scores have decreased, performance in games on average has increased a little in Windows 10 over Windows 8.

Windows 10 LTSC improves game performance further, and by a significant amount on CPU intensive games.

Papusan, Aroc and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hm wasn't aware of the gaming cpu benefit, have to try that out. I'm still using the win10 home that came with this laptop. If I install LTSC on here do I lose the win10 home version completely since there's no traditional key?

6. Clamibot

Reputations:
    Not if you write the key for your home edition installation down first. You can always reinstall that later if you want, provided you record that key somewhere. You can find this key in Control Panel >> System And Security >> System. It will be under the section labelled Windows activation.

Here's a comparison of games running on Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Home LiteOS edition:

Check out the game performance section. It's pretty hard to find videos comparing LTSC to any other edition (surprise surprise), but the gains will be very similar to what you will see in this video. Mileage will vary with your hardware, but you can expect a significant improvement in framerates in any situation that is CPU bound provided you have a good GPU to begin with. GPU bound situations may also get a small boost.

7. hertzian56

Reputations:
    So that would be the product ID then? Just have that number backed up and can use it to reinstall if needed at a later date?

8. Clamibot

Reputations:
    Indeed.

Also, you can find the key using a utility like Magical Jellybean Key Finder.

Edit: Sorry, the product ID and product key are NOT the same. Use Magical Jellybean Key Finder or something similar to retrieve the actual key. The Product ID just tells you what kind of Windows edition you have installed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    hertzian56 likes this.
  9. Clamibot

Reputations:
  10. hertzian56

Reputations:
    Oh ok thanks for that I had already backed the PID up. Stupid they don't just use the dang stickers with a key but that's M$ style "improvements"(for M$, not the customer, anyways).

Mr. Fox and Clamibot like this.