Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, it is 1809, which is far superior to 2004 (which is garbage). I haven't found anything (not even one thing, sorry to say,) that is good about 2004.

LTSC has zero bloat. No Store and app crap. No Edge or Cortana trash. Just Windows. You can manually add the UWP filth, but that is kind of like adding just a little bit of feces to a batch of brownies. You might not smell it or taste it, but you know it's in there and the brownies are corrupted even though it may not be obvious to everyone eating them.

upload_2020-7-11_18-0-49.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes I know, I'm looking for a more recent LTSC than 1809, the "xbox game pass" application need at least 1903 to launch :/
    I'm running LTSC 1809 for more than a year on my Precision M6700 with no other issue so far.
    You should update your OS, 17763.107 is a build from november 2018

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It is unfortunate that you need the XBOX Game Pass and even more unfortunate (and evil) that they manipulate customers in that manner. I will no longer purchase Micro$oft Studios game titles because of that. If it is not available on a Steam, Origin, GOG, Uplay, Epic or Bethesda game client then I can live without it.

No need to update my OS. I am running LTSC with no updates and Windows 7 SP1 with no updates after 2014. I prefer having a stable system that delivers higher performance and one that I am in control of. Updates result in the exact opposite of that. Newer and "more secure" (tongue in cheek) Windows builds offer me nothing of value and I have lost my appetite for Micro$lop's nonsense. They do nothing right in my eyes.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Keep in mind that the LTSC Trial ISO is just a trial and cannot be activated using a genuine key if you later on decide to keep it. The ISO in the OP is the full edition which can be activated.

support needed and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Latest official version is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (1809). And this is a smart move. At least Microsoft is able to understand that thei just can't throw out a new LTSC version each year. All know that if they pushed out one or two versions a year, it would water it down to a huge unstable mess as the regular versions... https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/22/whats-next-for-windows-10/

Raiderman, Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    yeah even the Area-51m that I have came with Build 1809. one of the most stable builds.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    After 1809 we got 1903 and with some candy the small 1909 package. And now 2004. And coming fall edition (small package) is in short same version as May Update. Doomed to fail. Even 1809 failed at release but have worked ok the latest months. Latest and greatest may work ok at end of life.

Of course Windows won't be stable as long they move on after release of the latest. They should stop with this "Windows as a service" nonsense.

"Microsoft has already started working on the next two versions" of Windows 10 and a new variant called ‘Windows 10X‘. It’s all part of what Microsoft is referring to as ‘Windows as a service’, which basically means that there won’t be a new operating system every year to get new features, security patches or support for modern hardware.

Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Once I installed Windows 10 Threshold 1 build 10.0. 10240, felt like I bought a new taptop on steroids! It was nothing like today, it was even faster than Windows 7 due to the support for newer hardware BUT with nothing of telemetry compared to today's builds. Unfortunately it needs its own set of drivers because even though it is Windows 10, as we know each new build needs its own drivers thank to Microsoft's stupid way of making these updates.

Have you a Threshold? :rolleyes:o_O

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yeah. Never update directly to new and flawed. Hold on to old as long as possible. And always do a clean install.

[​IMG]
    Windows 10 update addresses a fundamental flaw in Windows Setup Windowslatest.com | July 12, 2020

When you upgrade Windows to the next version, sometimes Windows may create a new recovery partition if it detects that there is no sufficient space on your recovery partition. Windows is not able to extend

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I wonder which build will come on my Area-51m R2, 1909 or 2004? :rolleyes:

For the R1:

2020-07-12_154630.png