Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Pizza_Bike

Pizza_Bike Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking around ltsc-- i took a look at my windows update settings... and it showed there was a update pending a restart... Thinking that the only thing that gets updated is security stuff on ltsc--- I rebooted... First thing i noticed was a new xbox one smartglass app in my start menu...

Did i mess up? Is there something i should turn off in ltsc to limit updates? Or did ms just inject this in with their security updates?

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Do you have Microsoft Store intalled in the app list?

See also how to stop any updates http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/page-1160#post-11018866

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Will there be a new Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release?
    No. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 is the current LTSC option, and was released with Windows 10, version 1809 in November. The next LTSC release can be expected toward the end of 2021. Customers currently using the LTSC for special-purpose devices should start working to upgrade those devices to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 as mainstream support for that release will continue until January 9, 2024.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  4. Pizza_Bike

Pizza_Bike Newbie

Reputations:

Nope... Microsoft store wasnt installed.. Weird.. But i ended up just doing a fresh install on a new SDD anyways.. And now its not there.. So all good ..

Papusan likes this.
  5. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Installed Win10 LTSC and all good especially with Spartan's tweak guides. Thanks @Papusan and @Mr. Fox for guiding me on the right path.

6. diggy

diggy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Finally got around to installing LTSC on my Dell Precision 7530. I am a happy camper once again with this machine.

Papusan, Salad Bar Riot, 0lok and 3 others like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    January 12, 2021—KB4598230 (OS Build 17763.1697) + KB4598480 as SSU | January 12, 2021

Highlights
    • Updates to improve security when using external devices, such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras.
    • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
    • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
    Improvements and fixes

This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
    • Addresses a timing issue on print servers that might send print jobs to the wrong print queue.
    • Addresses a security vulnerability issue with HTTPS-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTPS-based intranet servers cannot, by default, use a user proxy to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if you have not configured a system proxy on the clients. If you must use a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” To ensure the highest levels of security, also use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate pinning on all devices. This change does not affect customers who are using HTTP WSUS servers. For more information, see Changes to scans, improved security for Windows devices.
    • Addresses a security bypass vulnerability that exists in the way the Printer Remote Procedure Call (RPC) binding handles authentication for the remote Winspool interface. For more information, see KB4599464.
    • Addresses an issue that might damage the file system of some devices and prevent them from starting up after running chkdsk /f.
    • Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, and Windows Hybrid Storage Services.
    If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the new Security Update Guide website.

Remember the servicing stack update must be installed first.
    1) SSU (Servicing Stack Update) - KB4598480

2) CU (Cumulative Update) 17763.1518 - KB4598230

0lok likes this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021

Download KB4535680

Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    <A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in secure boot. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability might bypass secure boot and load untrusted software>.

This security update addresses the vulnerability by adding the signatures of the known vulnerable UEFI modules to the DBX.

This one fits the locked down Dellbooks and Surface-books from Microsoft. Make it even more locked than Fort Knox. I would hate beeing in Jail, bruh.
    [​IMG]

Not so sure bro @Mr. Fox want this one:D And I won't touch it.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Nope. I won't install updates to LTSC. And, I won't upgrade to the next version of LTSC built on a newer and slower version of Windows 10. The reason I use LTSC 2019 is that it runs better and faster without their newer cancer cells. It would be pointless for me to go there because it would cause the exact opposite of what I want to occur.

Plus, I do not want Secure Boot to exist. I am fine with it being broken and would prefer that it be removed. So, leaving it broken is irrelevant to me. It is the first thing I disable on first boot of any system I own or use. And, I use "untrusted software" and drivers all of the time on purpose and that includes drivers I have modded myself that won't work if I enable Secure Boot filth. Most consumers do not understand what "untrusted software" means and because they live in constant fear of "security" risks they are quick to embrace any trash that is called a security or vulnerability patch. Untrusted software means basically anything that the Redmond Reprobates haven't authorized and given their digital signature or sanctioned with their bad housekeeping Digi-Nazi stamp of approval. If I wanted to be a puppet that is manipulated by control freaks making decisions on my behalf I would be using crApple products.

steberg, hertzian56 and Papusan like this.