Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Using Windows 10 in-place upgrades to fix Windows Update issues blepingcomputer.com

In some cases, some folks have noticed that the Windows Update fails with an uninformative error message almost every month. Even those who have successfully downloaded the update have hit trouble during the installation process. In this article, we'll highlight steps to use in-place upgrades to resolve update issues.

The resolve these issues, the first thing you should do if the Windows 10 updates install fails is to try downloading the update manually from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Yeah, one of many reasons you always should downloading the updates manually from Microsoft Update Catalog and then install offline. I have never encountered this type problems. On none of my systems. And I won't change my practice. Not a bit @Mr. Fox @jclausius @Ashtrix @jc_denton @Arrrrbol ++++

And why should I trust this below? Nope, not me! Every months and new introduced problems/bugs will occure. Domed to happen. Skunks never change their stripes!!

Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs windowslatest.com - October 18, 2020

Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now. For some devices, Windows 10 has been going seriously wrong when applying updates from Windows Update. In some cases, users are presented with an error that could potentially leave their devices stuck in an update installation loop.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    jc_denton, jclausius and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I haven't seen an "update" that I wanted or needed in a very long time. All of the "feature updates" are functionality downgrades. Security is worthless when you lose performance and create an unstable product just so you can pretend it is more secure. I'd prefer to take my chances with "security risks" and have a system that functions properly. Life is full of risks. Everything we do carries an element of risk to it. Security is a myth. I don't see much point in creating unwanted drama with the idea that I am going to be fixing something that isn't broken.

3. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've always been meaning to ask you… you never update at all? Not even the .net stuff?
    You haven't run into any issues because of it? I remember way back trying to install something or other and I had to dl a KB first.

So far, I haven't done a single update to my LTSC install so just looking for feedback.

jclausius likes this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Hi Bro... No, not really. I mean, sure, if I want to run some kind of software and it tells me it can't work without a certain .Net framework update or something like that, I might depending on what it is and how much I care about using it. Most often the stuff I care about requires something older, like .Net 3.5 or 4.0 Framework. But, I only do the bare minimum that is absolutely necessary to get by. Except for my crash test dummy OS installations that are disposable and I don't care if they get screwed up, I tend to avoid making any changes if things are working the way I want them to. I put "security" updates on the same level of importance as sending birthday cards to strangers and casual acquaintances and keeping track of the value of small gifts and modest tokens of appreciation so I can be sure to account for them on my taxes. And, so-called "feature updates" are considered unworthy of my consideration and a waste of time. They never offer anything I care about, only garbage the Redmond Retards wish that I cared about so they can somehow benefit from me installing their trash.

6. TheQuentincc

TheQuentincc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Indeed but you can't find this iso anywhere else.

edit : also it's a lot faster using a download manager with multiple connection capability

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I know, but anonfiles.com is for piracy. The download/upload speed reflects this. + I don't use my time on such sites. And I haven't the need for a download manager for what I download/where I download things.
    October 20, 2020—KB4580390 (OS Build 17763.1554)Preview)

Highlights
    • Updates an issue with the out of box user experience on some devices that prevents an upgrade from completing. This issue occurs because the device will not allow user input on the Microsoft Software License Terms page or the Cortana page.
    Improvements and fixes

This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
    • Allows administrators to use a Group Policy to enable Save Target As for users in Microsoft Edge IE Mode.
    • Addresses an issue with untrusted URL navigations from Internet Explorer 11 by opening them in Microsoft Defender Application Guard using Microsoft Edge.
    • Addresses an issue that displays a black screen to Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) users when they attempt to sign in.
    • Addresses a reliability issue in the graphics kernel.
    • Addresses an issue with the out of box user experience on some devices that prevents an upgrade from completing. This issue occurs because the device will not allow user input on the Microsoft Software License Terms page or the Cortana page.
    • Addresses an issue that causes an application to stop responding temporarily, which causes extra z-order operations that affect the Window.Topmost property of a window.
    • Addresses an issue with the CleanupProfiles Group Policy object (GPO). After you upgrade the operating system, when you configure the CleanupProfiles GPO, it fails to remove unused user profiles.
    • Addresses an issue that fails to set the desktop wallpaper as configured by a GPO when you specify the local background as a solid color.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents you from signing in on certain servers. This occurs when you enable a Group Policy that forces the start of a computer session to be interactive.
    • Addresses an issue that occurs when you first sign in to an account or unlock an existing user session using Remote Desktop Services (RDS). If you enter an incorrect password, the current keyboard layout changes unexpectedly to the system default keyboard layout. This keyboard layout change might cause additional attempts to sign in to fail or lead to account lockouts in domains with low account lockout thresholds.
    • Addresses stop error 0xC2 in usbccgp.sys.
    • Addresses an issue that displays the incorrect CPU frequency for certain processors.
    • Addresses an issue that randomly changes the time offset of the time format returned by the command WMIC.exe OS Get localdatetime/ value.
    • Addresses an issue with Task Manager reports that show an incorrect cache value for the CPU.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) from assigning the Microsoft Outlook Signatures.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents the Smart Cards for Windows service from starting, which prevents the use of a smart card for authentication. The event log shows the error, “Server Control failed to access start event: 621”.
    • Addresses an issue that causes Windows to stop working and generates error 0x17. This issue occurs when Windows Defender Device Guard is enabled, and a driver is loaded with a 4K Microsoft Portable Executable (PE) header.
    • Adds a new Microsoft Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) provider named "Microsoft-Antimalware-UacScan". This ETW provider reports the details of the context for each User Account Control (UAC) request in the ETW provider manifest.
    • Addresses an issue that causes stop error 0xd1 in msiscsi.sys. This issue occurs when moving certain arrays from one cluster node to another.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Windows Update and Microsoft Store from connecting to peers over virtual private networks (VPN) for downloads.
    • Addresses an issue with support for On-Behalf-Of flows (OBO) when using the Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL).
    • Adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and 1.2 protocols when connecting to SQL Server using the data providers in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
    • Addresses an issue with SQL Server that might cause performance issues if you configure a Linked Server provider to load out-of-process.
    • Addresses an issue with cluster validation that incorrectly tests internal switches that are not being used in a cluster.
    • Addresses an issue with deduplication that causes long wait times on Resilient File System (ReFS) Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV).
    • Addresses an issue that might prevent some applications from behaving correctly. This occurs when you publish them as Remote Application Integrated Locally (RAIL) applications using RDS and change the docking for an AppBar window.
    • Addresses an issue with a deadlock in the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCPIP) driver that causes the operating system to stop working or stop responding.
    • Addresses an issue that causes the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) to stop responding for new connections. However, RRAS continues working for existing connections.
    • Addresses an issue that causes the RRAS administrator Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to stop responding randomly when you are performing administrative tasks or at startup.
    • Improves the Windows Server Storage Migration Service by:
      • Adding inventory validation.
      • Improving retransfer performance .
      • Resolving multiple issues, including reliability issues.
      • Verifying that source machines have installed the current update.
    For more information, see Storage Migration Service October 2020 Update.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

CU (Cumulative Update) 17763.1554 - October 20, 2020 KB4580390
    upload_2020-10-20_21-46-20.png

October 20, 2020-KB4581000 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server, version 2019

Dotnetfx35-48 Preview
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._24793c7b24af666026c2e60b7870a1034834c8e3.msu

Dotnetfx35-472 Preview
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._86829f308772f33bab3ada0190346dab8e15d084.msu

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    jclausius likes this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
  9. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I deleted some posts that were off-topic and/or argumentative.

Charles

dmanti, jclausius, Fire Tiger and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations: