Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019/2021

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Edit: worked out fine.

Oof had a virtual job interview and the client wanted to use MS Teams, which I've never used before so we fired it up but I could not get the microphone to work. ---Yes I feel shame for admitting this on this forum. Head bowed low---- This is on the tongfang below, win10 2004. So we switch to zoom and all is well but it keeps freezing so we have to reschedule. HR lady was not pleased and told me to MAKE SURE it's all good for tomorrow, sweating even bigger bullets than is normal for an interview, lol

So now I'm thinking of using my old precision m4600 because I've used it in the past for webex with no problems, still had Win7 on it then. BUT it now has----LTSC---- with all the tweaks for privacy so now I have to allow MS Teams all over it, ugh. So there is no camera app but I did get a 3rd party free one called webcamoid and it does use the webcam. I've installed MS Teams AND Zoom. So should I be good to go without the default Camera app? Any tips or tricks to help me make sure all is good? Do I need to go in to the mic and camera permissions and just allow everything?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Spartan@HIDevolution and JRE84 like this.
  2. facknwoshe3p

facknwoshe3p Newbie

Reputations:
    I’m running LTSC 2019 in a virtual environment for stock trading, and I wanted to move my desktop to LTSC. Should I wait for LTSC 2021 or go with 2019? I’m running 21H2 on right now, and it is bugger than the prior version for me. So I wonder if that would translate to LTSC as well.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
  4. 6730b

6730b Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    LTSC 6 months on, been perfect, 100% stable, no OS annoyances whatsoever to report.
    O&O + some firewall entries for privacy + the minimum of needed Dell drivers.
    Zero problems with any of the monthly MS updates.

Great OS, simply runs laptop and programs without interfering.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
    OS Version: 10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763
    Original Install Date: 04/04/2021, 21:06:14
    System Boot Time: 12/10/2021, 22:41:28
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Precision 5540

Clamibot, Jovial_Jack and Papusan like this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yep and I upgraded from 1809 Pro. This machine have never seen newer OS version than 17763.
    upload_2021-10-13_0-59-1.png

6. Jovial_Jack

Jovial_Jack Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm really loving running LTSC 2019 as well. The only thing that I really missed was the Windows Photos app but a free open source app called ImageGlass seems to a good alternative for me.

Papusan and 6730b like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I just use the old classic Windows Photo Viewer. If I need more functionality I can pick from a long list. But I will never ever support any of Windows telemetry infested app junk as etc the new Photo viewer from Redmond malware corp.

Spartan@HIDevolution and 6730b like this.
  8. 6730b

6730b Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  9. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Win Photo viewer here also for quick looks....but Photoshop, must have Photoshop, nothing compares.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    October 19, 2021—KB5006744 (OS Build 17763.2268) Preview

Highlights
    • Adds miscellaneous non-security improvements.
    Improvements and fixes
    This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue with PropertyGet in JScript9.dll.
    • Addresses an issue with Assigned Access kiosks that are configured with Microsoft Edge as a kiosk application. These kiosks might sometimes fail to restart Microsoft Edge if users close the browser window.
    • Addresses an issue in which the use of App-V intermittently causes black screens to appear when signing in on the credentials page.
    • Addresses an issue that causes Windows to go into BitLocker recovery after a servicing update.
    • Addresses an issue that causes searchindexer.exe to keep handles to the per user search database in the path below after you sign out: “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\<SID>\” As a result, searchindexer.exe stops working and duplicate profile names are created.
    • Addresses an issue that causes the DnsPsProvider.dll module to leak memory within a WmiPrvSE.exe process.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Windows 10 virtual private network (VPN) users from connecting to Windows Server 2019 Routing and Remote Access service (RRAS) servers.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Software-Defined Networking (SDN) virtual machines from working when you configure the Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) VPN bandwidth limitation.
    • Addresses an issue in Code Integrity that might cause a memory leak.
    • Enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
    • Addresses a memory leak issue in lsass.exe on domain controllers in the forest root domain that occurs when you have multiple forests and multiple domains in each forest. The SID-Name mapping functions leak memory when a request comes from another domain in the forest and crosses forest boundaries.
    • Improves the Windows Server Storage Migration Service by adding support for migration Windows Servers configured with Azure File Sync cloud tiering. Additionally, this update addresses multiple issues and improves reliability. For more information, see Storage Migration Service overview.
    • Addresses an issue with the virtual machine (VM) Load Balancing feature, which ignores a site’s fault domain.
    • Addresses a known issue that might prevent the successful installation of printers using the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
    If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

CU (Cumulative Update) 17763.2268 — KB5006744

October 19, 2021-KB5006847 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server, version 2019

NDP35-472
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._a456b267d022e2fb0e96c3d75fb1911ea0d97d5a.msu

NDP35-48
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._efb89eb8650e3e6502d4e366e310dca651420678.msu

Spartan@HIDevolution and 0lok like this.