Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019/2021

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes they all are, in addition, I also use Winaero Tweaker which makes things easier since it has a lot of those tweaks in one nice UI. Except for the tweak which allows the power icon in the taskbar to show you the estimated battery life remaining in minutes, that is broken in Winaero Tweaker so I use the reg tweak manually which is also in the guides.

I have no problem with you man, it just sounded like you were accusing us of using a cracked version or at least that's how it sounded like back then. We're good. [​IMG]

jc_denton and Papusan like this.
  2. support needed

support needed Notebook Geek

Reputations:

That is cool because I will be around trying to get LTSC configured. I have alot to learn. Just don't want to bugger up a new X170 trying to figure it out.

3. Powell420

Powell420 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I know this is a very minor thing but one thing I miss about older builds (Like the RTM 1507) of Windows 10 was the original login screen wallpaper and the fact that the wallpapers didn't blur. Just gave Windows 10 more personality much like how older versions of Windows had some cool login screen wallpaper, even if this is just an alternate version of the original default wallpaper. Kind of a minor thing to nit pick about but though it was cool. Wish it was still the same on modern builds today.
    [​IMG]

Clamibot likes this.
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:

5. Powell420

Powell420 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know where I can buy a cheap product key for LTSB 2016? I know you can buy a LTSC 2019 key from gvg mall or ebay and what not.

6. support needed

Reputations:
    is that picture of the wallpaper you like or the blurred one ?

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I think what he meant was that login screen he posted looked good (as it was clear and not blurred) vs the blurred ones on the new builds.

Micro$haft just can't leave things alone, they have to keep adding stuff and messing with stuff thinking that change is progress when they're just making the OS more horrible with every new update. Take for instance, soon, we will have no control panel, everything will be in the crappy settings app.

If you remember the first build of Windows 10 (Threshold 1), that was super fast and snappy, like Windows 7 on steroids with support for moden hardware. We still had the classic default apps settings in control panel, now it is just getting heavier, uglier, and stuff all over the place. Just try setting your default PDF app for example and you'll know what I mean.

jc_denton, support needed and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    And worse it will be. More telemetry and popups. Windows as Services rolling faster than ever.
    [​IMG]

Windows 10 will soon let you tell Microsoft how you use your PC
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...nd-announcements.826887/page-90#post-11089392

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Vasudev, Normimb and jc_denton like this.
  9. support needed

Reputations:
    I see.

I hear you about microscam. I don't know much about 10 though cause I am still using 7. I have a hard time switching just because something new comes along. Just when I get familiar with the way something works they have to release something new.

That's what we get for being totally dependent on technology and selling ourselves into slavery to the corporations so they can monitor everything we do on our computers, steal our personal information, record, track, and sell it.

I really like the idea of a bill of rights for our data. Whoever owns our online data owns our online person.

It has become a requirement in many cases that we have to use tech to accomplish things, and since we have to use their platforms and devices, then they shouldn't be allowed to require people to trade their personal information, and data, for the privilege of using the tech and platforms.

This is the illusion of consent, because there isn't really a choice. At least not one that involves being part of society.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    April 13, 2021—KB5001342 (OS Build 17763.1879) + KB5001404 as SSU | April 13, 2021

Highlights
    • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
    • Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
    Improvements and fixes
    • Addresses an issue in which a principal in a trusted MIT realm fails to obtain a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers (DC). This occurs on devices that installed Windows Updates that contain CVE-2020-17049 protections and configured PerfromTicketSignature to 1 or higher. These updates were released between November 10, 2020 and December 8, 2020. Ticket acquisition also fails with the error, “KRB_GENERIC_ERROR”, if callers submit a PAC-less Ticket Granting Ticket (TGT) as an evidence ticket without providing the USER_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flag.
    • Addresses an issue with security vulnerabilities identified by a security researcher. Because of these security vulnerabilities, this and all future Windows updates will no longer contain the RemoteFX vGPU feature. For more information about the vulnerability and its removal, see CVE-2020-1036 and KB4570006. Secure vGPU alternatives are available using Discrete Device Assignment (DDA) in Windows Server LTSC releases (Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019) and Windows Server SAC releases (Windows Server, version 1803 and later versions).
    • Addresses a potential elevation of privilege vulnerability in the way Azure Active Directory web sign-in allows arbitrary browsing from the third-party endpoints used for federated authentication. For more information, see CVE-2021-27092 and Policy CSP - Authentication.
    • Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Office Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, the Windows AI Platform, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, the Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Media.
    If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

Remember the servicing stack update must be installed first.
    1) SSU (Servicing Stack Update) - KB5001404
    2) CU (Cumulative Update) 17763.1879 - KB5001342