Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019/2021

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, that really sucks. I hate it, too. It makes me very angry when I find out I need a cancer version of Windoze to play a game. I refuse to purchase any more games from Micro$lop Studios because of it. All their UWP filth from the Micro$lop Store is like that. They can keep their rubbish.
    That's good for folks that own, or might be interested in owning, an AMD-powered system. I'm still using Windows 7 and LTSC with my Intel/NVIDIA powered system and don't plan to stop using either of them regardless of whether they are "supported" by the Redmond Reprobates or not. I am not interested in anything new that is offered by AMD or Intel right now, so I doubt what the Redmond Reprobates do in the short-term is going to affect me much.

Powell420 and Papusan like this.
  2. support needed

support needed Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Hello all,

Much respect to all of the work being done on this and the knowledge and skill involved. I also want to learn how to limit microsoft control over my system.

I have been reading but still don't have the full picture yet.

If LTSC has zero bloat already, then how does the tweaks and fix thread relate?

And what is different between the de-bloated LTSC 2019 compared to this version of LTSC if there is already no bloat?

Does LTSC automatically update? (cause I don't want it to be able to do that)

Thanks.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    You were accusing us all of using non-genuine licenses of LTSC as there is no way to get a real license and now you're asking for help? [​IMG][​IMG]

Papusan, support needed and Powell420 like this.
  4. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    PSA: All versions of Windows 10 have a default key you can use to activate them. These are available in both retail and KMS variants. You can find the default KMS keys in microsoft's own documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys

Note these are KMS keys, so you will need to connect to a KMS server to activate them. One KMS server I know of is kms8.msguides.com.

If you'd rather use a generic retail key, you can find those here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95922-generic-product-keys-install-windows-10-editions.html

Enjoy using Windows 10 for free legally. I'm pretty sure this knowledge was only meant for enterprise customers. The more you know, the better. Knowledge is power! :cool:

5. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The bloat that we referred to before was the crap that comes with the regular consumer versions that barely anyone actually uses, such as Cortana, the Microsoft Store, garbage UWP apps that come preinstalled and can't be removed, etc. Windows 10 LTSC doesn't have any of this.

The debloated version of Windows 10 LTSC by S.K. takes things a step further and disables unnecessary services such as telemetry and other garbage to speed up your system further. So basically it's a debloat of a debloat.

As for update behavior, I've never seen it automatically update. I know for a fact that S.K.'s verison won't since the Windows update service is permanently disabled on his build.

Papusan, support needed and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. support needed

Reputations:

I suppose that I presented my questions before in a manner where I could be accused of being accusatory.:biglaugh:

I hope that people will immediately approve of your comment though so that you get the validation and consensus that you need.:vbthumbsup:

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    NP, well, jokes aside. Yes LTSC is much better than the regular consumer versions as in, it has no Cortana, no MS Store (some people like me still need it), the ability to disable Telemetry from the Group Policy Editor BUT there is still a room for improvement such as:

1) Disabling Windows Defender not only from the Settings and Group Policy Editor but also from its roots including all the locked services that run at startup.

2) Disabling the Telemetry service completely.

3) Disabling the Customer Improvement Experience Program from Group Policy.

Just to note a few.

Honestly speaking, the tweaks I run on both LTSC and the consumer editions are the same, I used to prefer LTSC simply because the newer versions are slower and inferior but now I am forced to use the consumer edition until we get the LTSC refresh in late 2021 as some things don't work on build 1809 anymore which LTSC is based on like 3DMark's tests some of them don't work.

8. support needed

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. I don't really care about the legality as much as having a version of LSTC that keeps functioning and is fairly straightforward to load and configure.

I was trying to avoid a taking measures I heard about to prevent getting in trouble while running bootleg versions. And I was trying to avoid discussing it here because I didn't know the protocol. Basically I was looking for simpler option.
    And someone I know was trying to tell me there wasn't one.

That sounds excellent !

Clamibot likes this.
  9. Powell420

Powell420 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I actually can't wait for LTSC 2022 to come out, hope to get my hands on a full ISO of it soon. I'm still not a fan of how they cut the support in half. (I assume you'll need an MSDN subscription for someone to get their hands on a full ISO instead of an evaluation) 21H2 is apparently going to be a massive update when it comes to the UI being more modern and or consistent.

10. support needed

Reputations:

Really good info. So are your 1) 2) 3) steps for LTSC in the tweaks also?

I can probably get away with using 1809. I don't use 3DMark.

Btw, I have been aware since I signed up here that you really know your stuff on this topic. So I didn't mean to tic you off or come off disrespectful.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.