Windows 10 Driver Guide ~ M18xR2 and Alienware 18

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by ssj92, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Weird, my upgrade was smooth and everything still seems to work for me including windows feedback. I don't think the new OS likes you Mr. Fox :p

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. shinji257

shinji257 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well in a way this is why they need people to beta test it. Some people toggle stuff off without realizing it so the notifications help there. I think they plan to remove balloon notifications eventually. That's the only reason I can think of to implement a notification history in the first place.

3. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    There comes certainly many more weird error from microsoft's new os. :laugh:

4. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Alienware !Wish money wasn't the problem.

Reputations:
    i fully wiped.. this is stupid.. unfinished product... Microsoft should just use k.i.s.s. i mean.. so far it seems there best operating system was 3.1 hahaha well maybe not but you get it..

now onto the problems..

1. and the main one.. nothing would stay installed! every thing from anti viruses to games.. if it needed a serial to install... it would uninstall its self after about a day and the kick is it wouldnt let me know it removed it..

2. no performance.. none at all.. nothing worked.. mouse.. external storage.. router.. you name it it had issues..

3. it would sleep while i was on it plugged in.. or the screen would go black..

4. performance setting with in windows had no effect and if they did take effect it was after a few hours and some times days.. it would be like BAM! heres the setting you wanted..

5. it decided.. to delete my torrents and other ill begotten files as malicious,,, and this my friends is when i deleted it.. and again it never told me it was doing it.. not until i found out haw to get the event logger open because for me it wouldnt open..

it is not there right to choose what damn files are on my computer or to monitor what i do and from i could see this os does just that.. and it takes copys and upload them to some place.. (how do i know?) it was in the event logger.. and when i got the event logger to open i started getting the pop up notifications.. it got so bad i had to unplug my external drive wich has all my movies.. as it started to delete them as malicious..

And when i unplugged my external drive i got a nice big notification telling me that i needed to plug back in said hdd so it could finish REMOVING said malicious items.. and so i wiped and back to win 7 x64.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Wow. That's rough.
    Hopefully we can hack DX12 into windows 7 once it's out.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yeah, Micro$haft has turned into a real Nazi organization. They dictate to OEMs what to do all the time, so assuming rights that they are not entitled to comes as no surprise. Indirectly, we have them to thank for not being able to have an unlocked BIOS on the newest Alienware machines. This filthy Secure Boot and Secure Flash garbage is at least partially their doing. They have all of the big OEMs on a leash, because all of the big OEMs let them get away with it. But, just wait... we ain't seen nothing yet. It's going to get worse than we ever imagined. The UEFI roadmap leads to a place where they can arbitrarily decide literally everything, including what hardware and software we are "authorized" to install, and even the ability to set an expiration date on the ability to do something as basic as POST. Even something as seemingly innocuous as using Micro$lop Office on an annual subscription basis is a very subtle, although very sinister, example of the asinine kind of future that's coming our way like an out-of-control freight train.

SOS4DELL likes this.
  7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I believe Microsoft said they will bring most DX12 features to Windows 7 through a DirectX 11.3 update.

SOS4DELL and TBoneSan like this.
  8. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    huh....I have run into very few problems with 9860....certainly nothing to the degree your having. It installed automatically overnight and I didn't touch a thing and was up and running the next morning no problem with no crashes or BSOD errors. My Nvidia drivers have been fine and I have not run into any problems loading the OS yet. Networking is def a little off as I can't access my network like I could on 7 but honestly I have not tried to play with anything yet as I have not needed to network into anything, might see what I can do tomorrow but I can access some parts of my network without a problem such as external HDD's on my desktop so it is at least partially working. I will totally agree though that this notification bar is a gigantic pain in the ...the touchpad notification every time I restart is just stupid and I would hope that will see a change before release.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I think brother ssj92 might be right... this new OS doesn't like me... or DumbDumb.

I don't permit Micro$lop to automatically update anything. I installed it on purpose, hoping it might fix some of the other issues I was having. Since I always disable automatic updates, the Win10 installation on M18xR2 hasn't been <del>updated</del> corrupted yet. I think I am going to leave it that way, at least for now.

Here's my list of installed updates for Windows 7 SP1. Try not to read the entire list at once, as it may cause eye strain. :D

WindowsUpdates.JPG

SOS4DELL, TBoneSan and papusan like this.
  10. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Hahaha... nice one. That's 2 more updates than me :D

Mr. Fox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.