Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Kaloyan

Kaloyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have always selected 'USB flash drive' (as in the OP), and not 'ISO file'. However, I would like to download Windows 10 Enteriprise (I have my own key), but the guide (https://winaero.com/download-windows-10-enterprise-iso-with-media-creation-tool/) says that we should select 'ISO file'. Is this simply the author's preference? Isn't it possible to run the PowerShell script and then let the application create a bootable USB? I don't want to burn the ISO file myself.

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's what I use and the product key becomes built in so no need to enter it since you are asked to enter it before creating the USB flash disk

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  3. Kaloyan

Reputations:
    Thanks! Does that mean that I won't have to do the ei.cfg file trick as well? Last time I had to do it because my laptop came with Win 10 Home preinstalled, and I wanted to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, but it wouldn't let me choose which version I wanted, so I had to resort to the ei.cfg file workaround.

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Huh???? ei.cfg is for a multi edition ISO. This is Enterprise ONLY there is nothing else to select so the key in your BIOS has nothing to do with what edition it installs.

Vasudev, Papusan and Kaloyan like this.
  5. Kaloyan

Reputations:
    Thanks again! It seems that this method is as straight-forward as it gets.

6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    This custom Media Creation tool will allow you to download/create a Windows 10 USB Installation disk of any Windows 10 Build, from the past all the way to the new 21H1 version, simply run the .BAT file as admin and enjoy = https://pastebin.com/bBw0Avc4

Satanello, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    A new version of Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One is available in the TechPowerUp Downloads section.

The new version is: Apr 2021

Download it here

This archive contains the latest version (April 2021) of all VCRedist Visual Studio C++ runtimes, installable with a single click by running the included batch file installer.

To install, run the included install_all.bat with admin privileges (right click, "Run as administrator"). Before extracting the archive to install, remember to right-click, select Properties and "Unblock" if you haven't set Windows to automatically unblock downloaded files.

The download includes the VC Redist runtime packages for Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are supported. The files included are the English language version.

When doing a fresh Windows OS install, it's recommended to always install all the various C++ runtimes, which is why this all-in-one pack was created. It helps to avoid problems with programs that cause error messages like "side-by-side configuration is incorrect", or "Missing MSVCRT.DLL" or "MSVCP140.DLL".

All files are digitally signed by Microsoft, which guarantees they are unaltered.

8. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox if you have the previous version do you need to uninstall them manually first or just run the bat file and override the old ones to the latest update?

Vasudev, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Not as far as I know. I have never had an issue installing newer VC runtimes over old. But, installing the newer version is probably totally unnecessary if everything is working as expected. Probably nothing to be gained by it.

Vasudev, 0lok and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Just run the bat file and override the old ones. Nothing will go to Hell:D

Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes AIO Repack is similar package but with theis installer I saw some leftovers after the install in CCLEANER that needed to be cleaned up. Hence I prefer the AIO repack from Techpowerup posted above (nothing to clean up). But you don't need to run it each time a new version is out as bro Fox pointed out below. See bolded text.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021