Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 7, 2015.

1. M17XR42012

M17XR42012 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Found something interesting, it looks like it is an issue with that specific blu tooth speaker. A different one is working fine,

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    A new version of Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One is available in the TechPowerUp Downloads section.

The new version is: Jan 2021 > LINK <

This archive contains the latest version (January 2021) of all VCRedist Visual Studio C++ runtimes, installable with a single click by running the included batch file installer.

To install, run the included install_all.bat with admin privileges (right click, "Run as administrator")

The download includes the VC_Redist runtime packages for Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are supported. The files included are the English language version.

When doing a fresh Windows OS install, it's recommended to always install all the various C++ runtimes, which is why this all-in-one pack was created. It helps to avoid problems with programs that cause error messages like "side-by-side configuration is incorrect", or "Missing MSVCRT.DLL" or "MSVCP140.DLL".

All files are digitally signed by Microsoft, which guarantees they are unaltered.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Kaloyan, Maleko48, 0lok and 4 others like this.
  3. sukar

sukar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi All,
    Hoping someone can help me with permanently deleting Win Defender.
    I am attempting to follow the steps on page 1 by Spartan. I am having trouble with couple of steps, firstly this one:

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender > then double click on Turn off Windows Defender and enable that rule then press Apply then OK to exit

When i go into Windows Components Folder, I see Windows Defender Smart Screen and Windows Security, which I think is the one I am suppose to be targeting. However, I dont see any place to enable the rule or turn it off, as stated.They are just folders with files.

The other issue I am running into is with Autoruns. I am unable to delete the following WinDefen entries:

[​IMG]

I keep getting a message saying "Error - Access Denied"

I am not sure if thats because I was unable to complete the first step accurately. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    No need for all that anymore

1) Disable Smart Screen from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > App & Browser Control (turn them all off)

2) Now go into the Windows Defender settings and turn off all the 4 radio buttons

3) Immediately after doing that, double click on this reg file: Disable Windows Defender.reg

Papusan and Maleko48 like this.
  5. sukar

sukar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Could you please explain this step?
    2) Now go into the Windows Defender settings and turn off all the 4 radio buttons

Not sure where i go for the radio buttons or where defender settings is located. I cant locate either. Sorry for the dumb question.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > then look for the Windows Defender (manage threat settings I think the name is) and turn off the 4 radio buttons which include cloud based protection and tamper protection)

I can't give you exact steps as I have it disabled on my system from its roots so I can't see them anymore it's very simple

7. sukar

sukar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I believe I got it. It was just named something different virus and threat protections, which is what confused me. I doubted myself as I had those off based on your guide.

I did click on the disable win defender reg file, hopefully that was the correct one.

Really appreciate the guide and the extra help. Thanks a lot.

8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    2021-01-14_080646.png

Papusan and 0lok like this.
  9. sukar

sukar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Those were the exact settings that appeared which I turned off.
    Great guide which I would encourage everyone to check out if they are doing a clean-install. Helped me a lot.

Papusan likes this.
  10. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    steberg likes this.