Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    As I mentioned, those are not garbage apps and will be pulled automatically from the Windows Store as they pertain to the drivers. Alienware Pointing Devices is automatically installed by AWCC if you have an Alienware Mouse or headset.
    Intel Optane Pinning Extensions is automatically installed with the IRST Driver and must be uninstalled since you don't have any optane devices.

2. PDUB72

PDUB72 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Cool thanks. I'll leave them, but uninstall the Optane thing. I did uninstall the Realtek Command Center though because, if I'm not mistaken, I saw a post you made about getting better audio through AWCC.

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Correct. I am not a 100% sure about the Realtek Audio Console app. I saw someone on Reddit swore that after uninstalling it, changing the audio profiles in AWCC made a bigger difference. Try to listen to a song and change profiles then uninstall the Realtek Audio Console, reboot, then try again and see if you can feel a bigger difference when changing profiles.

Georgel and Vasudev like this.
  4. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Woah, you're still aorund helping everyone, my friend? :)

Lovely work you're doing there! :)

I wanted to ask, is there a thread for desktop systems on the forums? I need a trusted advice for making some changes to a computer, and while I know where to ask about lappys, especially Clevos, I've no idea where to ask for help with a Desktopy PC

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Desktop Hardware

Vasudev and Georgel like this.
  6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Is there anyway to do a clean install without having login-in or creating a Microsoft account, I have a valid key i just do not want Microsoft spying on me.

I have done clean installs of Win10 a hundred+ times and only recently i have been asked to log-in the last couple of times.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    When you install windows and it asks you to connect to a network, click that I don't have internet or whatever button (small link near the bottom left I believe). It will allow you to make a local account without logging into Microsoft. You'll still have to use O&O shutup 10 to disable all the telemetry stuff though...

Papusan, Vasudev, steberg and 4 others like this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    When you install it, make sure there is no LAN Cable attached. When you are asked to connect to a Wifi network during the initial setup phase, look at the bottom left, there should be an option saying Don't Connect or Don't have Internet, choose that. You will get a warning that this is a limited setup. Just continue and you will be prompted to enter a Username (which is Local).

Once you're on the desktop, configure all your settings and whatnot, install all your drivers, then only connect to the internet. If you get a full screen now to continue setup, just hit cancel and you're done. Offline account FTW.

Be careful, when signing in to the Microsoft Store, Microsoft Edge, or Microsoft Office using your Microsoft Credentials, don't blindly click next, right after entering the password, it would says "Microsoft Apps only" make sure to click THAT otherwise Windows will convert your local account into a Microsoft account.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Papusan, Vasudev, Georgel and 5 others like this.
  9. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Well i did a clean install this morning using the Windows 10 app to create a bootable USB and everything installed fine, I clicked that i did not have an internet connection and made and offline installation and it was the new Windows 10 2004 version, And i have been using it for a few hours with zero problems.

Thanks for the help :)

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Just switched to Ventoy today! Easy peasy USB multiboot and no time wasting time writing to USB as ISO is handled directly and you can memboot and USB boot! Haha... I even added rEFInd ISO ventoy developer linked in Issues section and finally made my switch from AiOBoot (Very Good tool and now its dated and doesn't recognize new Linux images sometimes).