Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Why install latst Cumulative patch junk Update from the Redmond HQ?:rolleyes:

Microsoft Acknowledges CPU Spike Bug – Here’s How to Uninstall the Last Windows 10 Update to Fix This Problem

hmscott likes this.
  2. raptorddd

raptorddd Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    strange so have you told msmg.? i ve read that too. i wanted to try the tool myself and learn but for 1903 ive downloaded latest version wich isnt supported. so downloaded 1809 since there i can update without apps beign reinstalled. but again downloaded unsupported version. so ive opted to used yours. and am going to try and update right now manually

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I reported it to him and he told me that's not possible and on his test machine the components do come back whether the updates were installed via Windows Update or manually. That wasn't what I experienced though. Strange.

Vasudev and raptorddd like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Happens on even NTLite'd and Win toolkit too. Only way was to disable WU with win update disabler.

5. raptorddd

raptorddd Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi. mine had problems the taskbar will no longer work.. i had to reinstall like 4 times.. i find out after clean installation went ahead and installed my quadro 2000m nvidia driver and that caused the taskbar not to work... finally i decided to not install nvidia driver.. but unfortunatelly when i did the last clean install after it completed the procces it reboted just to finish and use laptop. my dell m4600 is now stuck at dell logo. :( doesnt get past that f12 does nothing.. the bar fills up below the dell logo but stays there..
    pressing f12 gives a yellow letters that itll boot to f12 but just stays like thst.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Have you tried Clean installing using Stock OS Win 10 v1903? If it works then MSFT might have implemented a block that breaks Windows 10 when certain component is removed!
    If its a Dell Precision or similar workstation I recommend sticking to v1809 LTS branch or in disabled Win updates mode to be on safe side.

7. raptorddd

raptorddd Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yes worked fine on win 7 and 1809 and 1903.. dont think microsoft blocks. it must be that the modded iso breaks for me something... but my concern now its stuck at dell logo...