Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The guide is 98% similar to the latest build that's why it was not updated from the time I compiled it (on Redstone 5) vs what's available now so please go ahead.

You will find everything you need in these threads:

NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide
    Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)
    O&O ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it!
    Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide
    The best and fastest way to backup your data!

PS: Don't tag me, I have disabled the tagging feature due to people abusing it so I won't be notified if you tag me.

Papusan and 0lok like this.
  2. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    This thread is a thing of beauty but i'm not going to read 79 pages looking for the answer. :D

OK, so I own a Lenovo Tiny Desktop that shipped with Windows 10 Home. I have a ThinkPad T60 that has been converted to Linux so it no longer is using Windows 10 Pro, so there's a spare W10 Pro Key.

I have a Windows 10 Pro DVD, how do I or even better can I install Windows 10 Pro DVD and transfer the license from the ThinkPad T60 to the ThinkCentre Desktop? I reckon if it's possible Secure Boot will be a giant PITA and will do it's best not letting me install W10 Pro?

Does anyone have any suggestions or procedure on this process?

3. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ultra male I was able to get in microsoft store by following above but I still cant install app. It will ask me to enable windows update. Is there a work around for this? If I have to enable windows update would it mean MS can mess up all the tweaks that was done?

4. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    OK, so I enabled CSM, I changed Boot Mode from Auto to Legacy. When I checked Secure Boot, it now showed Disabled. I guess that happened when I switched Boot Mode from Auto to Legacy?

Yes, Secure Boot is a royal PITA. However I looked at Secure Boot and you can delete Keys but I didn't make any changes to that.

5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can do that and SB isn't an issue. You must disable Secure boot to use USB boot to install any OS and once its finished you can enable secure boot to get that max secure feeling!

Rodster likes this.
  6. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I was able to boot from the Windows 10 B1903 DVD, however it doesn't allow me to choose W10 Pro. The screen where you can choose the version of Windows 10, doesn't exist. All I see is the screen for "upgrade installation" and "custom installation". When I move past that screen it continues to the partition screen. After that clicking on Next starts the installation. So it appears it just defaults to W10 Home because that's what shipped with the PC.

Am I missing a step?

7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Is it stock version or normal ESD version created using MCT which downloads only specific editions only?
    Try the UUP method to download 8in 1 Win 10 v1903 ISO.

Rodster likes this.
  8. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    It's an ESD ISO, I downloaded via the Media Tool Creator. I know for a fact that the DVD i'm using on the ThinkCentre is capable of installing the different variations of Windows 10. When I use the DVD on older laptops I have to pick which version of Windows 10 I want to install.

9. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Try the UUp link I gave you to download multi-edition ISO.

10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you cared to even read the guide that i spent days compiling, you would have found the answer in the first darn post: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ome-or-pro-when-installing-windows-10.801046/

Vasudev likes this.