Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    you CANT restore an AHCI Windows onto a RAID disk. If you google it, you might find some registry hack that you can do but I do not support this and am totally against it.

2. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Okay okay, I'll be sticking to AHCI then, RAID does not bring that much of an improvement.
    However it seems like my WinPE bootable key does not contain the drivers for AHCI either !!
    Can I use the key I created with the ISO you sent me to restore my AHCI image ?

3. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Again, thank you for this awesome complete step-by-step clean Install of Win10. I really appreciate the help.

I'm all set to use Windows properly now !
    However I would like to use OneDrive, OneNote on my computer so I would maybe link a Microsoft account to the computer.
    WILL THIS destroy all the thorough work we put on disabling telemetry and autoplay for instance ?
    I mean, at this point, what will this overwrite on our work to add my Microsoft account now ?

(I have another question concerning autoplay we disabled. My AW Command center takes 30 seconds at every boot to launch its services + Tobii does not work on background. Maybe I should turn the AutoPlay policy on ?)

4. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    1) You can use OneDrive, OneNote, and the Windows Store WITHOUT a Microsoft Account.

You can simply sign in to OneDrive and tell it where is the OneDrive folder to start the syncing.

When you attempt to sign in to the Windows Store for the first time, don't blindly hit next, after entering the password, and hitting next,, you will get an option on the left saying "sign in to Microsoft app only" that way you won't be forced to convert your account to a Microsoft Account

As for AutoPlay, it has nothing to do with the fact that you are not able to launch the Command Center and Tobii right away after a reboot, that's because they're services are set to DELAYED START by default so this is by design, you need to wait for a while before you launch them or change the service to Automatic rather than Automatic (Delayed Start)

0lok likes this.
  5. Vanya

Vanya Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Great news !
    I'll try all this.
    The point for Command Center and Tobii is (after switching to Automatic) that they don't run "minimzed" so in background. I'm not sure if that's how they work and I'm then asking for nothing, but whenever I close the command center and then re open it, it takes a while before re-opening. I could just minimze it in the task bar, but is there another way to let it run in background ?

6. Mark Hunter

Mark Hunter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,
    I am going to clean install windows 10 1903 in a day or two.. I just wanted to know that is there any updated guide for the latest version by @Ultra Male ? Or should i follow the old one?
    I have been using your guide since a long time and i would really appreciate you advise on it. @Ultra Male

7. Mark Hunter

Reputations:
    @Ultra Male Please guide me ..

8. ht_addict

ht_addict Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I used it along with stuff in the Tweaks thread.

9. Mark Hunter

Reputations:
    Oh Okay, is there an updated guide for the latest win10 version ?

10. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As far as i know this old guide also applies to the latest version. I remember Ultra Male mentioned this. I am sure if there is a big change he will update the guide.