Windows 10 - Bloatware Free Edition

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you used MS Account to sign into Windows, please do that and check if the license is validated through MSA.

2. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  3. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Now that's the current trend small portable powerhouse is what majority of them prefer. So, huge market for non enthusiasts vs enthusiasts. So more thin design BGA is yet to appear.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    I fix it for yoo:cool: Never call it powerhouse!!:eek:The meaning with implementing of power throttling and re-start of previous used apps in OS... Weak and flimsy hardware!!

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  6. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Fixed it a bit more. :p

hmscott and Papusan like this.
  7. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Question about Windows 10, I see some people when they right click the start button seem to have "Settings" removed from the list of options under task manager and have that replaced with control panel. Is this something the user can change and if so how, and is it possible to have both the Win 10 settings option available as well as the classic desktop control panel? Now that I have a bloatware free build working properly I will need to get it set up correctly but until I do it's a pain to find the control panel without the ability to search and I would love to have it as an option when I right click on the start button.

Also, if I ever want to reinstall Win10 on my machine, if I run the built in system restore in 10 from a bloatware free version, will it reinstall the exact same bloatware free build I initially installed or will it put a vanilla copy of 10 on the machine?

8. Papusan

Reputations:
    I’m not sure what you mean. If this is what I think.... Here’s the solution https://winaero.com/blog/use-winx-menu-to-manage-tasks-in-windows-10-faster/

Sorry if I misunderstood Your question.

Lunatics and Vasudev like this.
  9. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes this was exactly what I was looking for, did not know if I needed an app to do it or if I could do it myself fairly simply. Was able to add control panel into the menu above task manager and everything is good now, thank you. Will have to save and remember this tool for the future.

edit- Wow, I did not know that this version of 10 added the feature that if you reboot it will auto open everything you had open/running at the time of rebooting. I don't know how often I will take advantage of that as I typically close everything down before I need to reboot but I had a few windows open and was reading back a few pages and saw it and said "eh what the hell let me restart" and it came right back up with chrome and everything else open again automatically. Pretty cool/potentially useful feature to have even if I prefer to securely close everything down before I reboot, but there's definitely times I don't always get to.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.