Windows 10 - Bloatware Free Edition

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Apr 30, 2017.

1. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So if I can ask, and I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but how does this image stack up to an image like this?

https://www.teamos-hkrg.com/index.p...2017-preactivated-by-whitedeath-teamos.40882/

Are they basically the same in the end or does one have more features disabled than others? It seems like this Windows 10 lite edition v3 has a LOT more things removed, but at what cost would this be to the individual if they still wanted pretty good functionality on the computer.

Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Seems like the same thing as using MSMG Toolkit and doing everything yourself. There could be some hidden nasty stuff considering we do not know how trustworthy the source of it is. Also looks like they did an activation hack, which isn't good and raises some questions for me. (Doing it yourself for experimental reasons is one thing, but advertising and flaunting it is another.) As far as functionality goes, everything good and great is a third party program that is not included in the OS, so Windows will have whatever great stuff you install yourself. If you are the type that uses a lot of the UWP stuff, you can just install the stock ISO and use O&O Shutup and abbodi's scripts to kill the malware pieces of W10. You can also uninstall the included free UWP trashware apps by right-clicking on their icons.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Vasudev and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have MR7. It's not much different than MR6. It has a few new features that are worthless to me (one of which I have disabled because I hate it).

MR7.JPG

It is a bit faster on image creation and restoration, but not worth the money I paid to upgrade my licenses from MR6. I do not do incremental images, and making a full image or doing a total wipe and restore isn't a whole lot faster than MR6. The backup and restore that only addresses the files that have changed is absolutely a whole lot faster--only seconds as Brother @Phoenix said--but, I prefer to nuke everything and start over fresh and clean with full sector-by-sector restoration using a known good disk image whenever a problem surfaces. All of my data files are saved somewhere other than my OS drive, so data loss is a non-issue.

Macrium seems to be kind of slap-happy with the updates lately. They release updates almost every other day. Every time I open it I am prompted to download an update. Not sure what the deal is there. Whether they did a bad job on the initial release and are having to chase their own bugs or what.

I think it is easier to leave my phone sitting wherever it happens to be and just say "OK Google..." but either way it's pretty Orwellian. I suspect Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant and Alexa are all eavesdropping for the NSA. I really hate it on a smartphone, but eavesdropping is an intolerable and totally unacceptable breach of trust from an OS on a PC. What the EULA says is irrelevant. It should be illegal and unconstitutional, and the EULA deemed against public policy (thereby null and void). Nadella needs to go to prison for it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Donald@HIDevolution and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My phone has mid range CPU so I cannot wake up her up saying "OK, Cortana". I disabled Siri and G Now! on iphones and Androids.
    Even I prefer using full backup on PC with SSD and on HDD incremental backup/imaging is a time saver. Took 3 hours to backup my older lappie with HDD and on SSD 10 mins (w/o verify) and 30 mins with verify.

Mr. Fox and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  5. XiCynx

XiCynx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Wow, this install literally took <5 minutes with the 960 EVO m.2. That's crazy fast! I was caught off guard by the new Cortana Intro. LOL

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yeah I never doe incremental backups as well. One base image before installing any drivers or software but after configuring my OS/libraries/settings and that' all I need.

when a lot of drivers and software have been upgraded. I go back to that base image in the matter of seconds for a fresh start

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Newer updates for Creators update are up https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb4041676
    Known Issues:
    1. Systems with support enabled for USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) may experience a blue screen or stop responding with a black screen when a system shutdown is initiated.
    2. Installing KB4034674 may change Czech and Arabic languages to English for Microsoft Edge and other applications.
    I'll wait for couple of days until update for USB C is released.

8. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I love it:D www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news
    upload_2017-10-11_16-2-43.png
    upload_2017-10-11_16-0-37.png

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's a rare thing that I'm happy I don't have a new technology in my machine, but today is one of those days.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I always install offline updates so this time I skipped 632 and installed 674 and everything installed and was up and running under 10 mins.
    After a cold boot, AW fans were at 100% when i hit the power button and then it stabilized.
    @Tanner@XoticPC The issue was present since build 540 https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4034674