Windows 10 - Bloatware Free Edition

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Micro$h4ft and nVIDIA probably know your shoe size even [​IMG]

Vasudev, jaug1337 and Papusan like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I'll let you know if and when nvidia or M$ will push advertisement in desktop about shoe store nearby me that has shoes in my size:biggrin:I haven't Cortana. But IF I had, I could ask her if she already knew it:rolleyes: I mean my Sho size [​IMG]

Vasudev and Phoenix like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Nvidia have had a number of attempts to force telemetry, are you saying the newest one isn't something you can turn off / disable?

I haven't used this, but it's currently maintained - recently updated, maybe it can help others that don't have BitDefender, or firewall settings to disable Nvidia telemetry call out's:

Disable-Nvidia-Telemetry
    Windows utility to disable Nvidia's telemetry services
    https://github.com/NateShoffner/Disable-Nvidia-Telemetry

Disable Nvidia Telemetry 1.1 - Updated 8/26
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/disable_nvidia_telemetry.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    All I did here was use a hosts edit to kill the geforce update check and not install GeForce Exp by choosing custom install.
    Here's another example of what someone else did for those looking as well.

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM
  6. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did a clean install of Bloatware Free 5.9 today for the Windows Septemember patch that came out today, 0 issues, actually... after updating everything, and playing a few games, I no longer have issue with my Nvidia color profiles sticking anymore either, not sure if the Windows update did it or what, but yeah... very awesome.

I have shut up10 activated, SecHealth done, and Bitdefender Firewall on paranoid mode... everything is going peachy for me, don't think I will bother with Redstone 3 or any future updates for a solid 6-8 months, now that I have my color profile the way I want and no telemetry, its time to just have fun and enjoy. :D

alexhawker, saturnotaku, Aroc and 3 others like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Amazing:eek: Or maybe wait and see a few days:D

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    See changelog here https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4038788/windows-10-update-kb4038788
    @Phoenix Latest MSU for W10 RS2 15063.608 https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4038788
    Adobe flash update for MS Edge https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb4038806

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've been having to play in borderless window mode because the color profile would not revert back to default after exiting a fullscreen game. This was supposed to be fixed in Redstone 3, but did this September patch resolve it?

10. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Resolved it for me :) but I am not using latest drivers, latest drivers break the color enfrocement (including in RS3 preview) but if you use ummm i forget the number, Nvidia drivers ending in .72 and its the mass effect launch drivers. these drivers work flawless at color enforcement (its the last driver they made that doesnt have that option when you overclock your refresh rate, there is an option under there to use nvidia color options or default, this was never there in older drivers, its this feature of the nvidia drivers that broke it, not windows itself... i have reformatted 15x this year, just cause well i get bored... so yeah thats what i have realized. regardless everything is finally working for me. im not touching anything anymore, all drivers are up to date except for my nvidia drivers obviously... but oh well. everything is running perfect so screw it, im not risking messing this up, not even with next months Windows update :D im sure bitdefender can handle the next 6-8 months for me easily enough if things go cray cray on the virus end of the world, but meh. im not worried, i only game 24.7

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:08 AM
    Phoenix and Vasudev like this.