Windows 10 automatic updates ruins Twitch feed

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ethrem, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Jarhead, Primes, Spartan and 2 others like this.
  2. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Pure and Simple, you are not in control of your PC, Microsoft is. They install what they want, when they want. Windows 10 behaves just like Malware behaves, and I treat it as such. Friends don't let friends run it, either. Only difference between Windows 10 and a virus, viruses are efficiently written and actually work.

tonyr6, Spartan and Ethrem like this.
  3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    See here's the problem though... I've never had Windows 10 do this to me. My desktop is a Home license and my laptop is a Pro license and I've always had it prompt me to reboot after installing updates, it has never done it automatically and the guy says that he had it set up to prompt him as well. As much hate as Windows 10 gets, I'm running it on my desktop 24/7 because I just frankly don't want to buy another 7 or 8.1 license and it has had no issues other than nVidia drivers misbehaving which happens in Windows 7 on my laptop as well.

Spartan likes this.
  4. Primes

Primes Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think this has been posted, but kind of funny..

Ethrem likes this.
  5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah there's actually a link to that in the article haha. She handled it pretty well though lol

6. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Exactly this, i haven't had any issues with it for the past year or so since it came out and i upgraded. Never had any issues on my desktop nor on my 2 Laptops. Other than lower bench scores, it has been working just fine for me.
    But i did have to spend a good amount of time, getting rid of a lot of crap that MS enables by default and of course the tracking crap.

7. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Unless you have ENTERPRISE, you'll at some time get this crap. And it will interrupt or ruin what you're doing. I don't have to put up with this crap whatsover, as I run Linux now.

8. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    It's because they changed the way the forced W10 update works. I'm actually gonna make a thread about that now.

9. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's for the forced upgrade pop-up which has done that for some time now. This particular feed was interrupted by Windows 10 updating itself on a machine already running it. Every time my machine updates, I get a pop-up that says that a restart has been scheduled and I can decide what to do with it from there.

10. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Oh, okay.

Well you gotta remember that windows 10 resets lots of its options on update/restart rather often, and it might've simply reset his settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.