Windows 10 20H2

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's what's so comical about Kojak's posts. If he/she had a legit issue with Mr. Fox's / Papusan's posts, he/she'd just use the ignore feature, and not waste anyone's time. But instead he/she just continues to fill the thread with the same "garbage", offering no value to anyone.

I guess the moral of the story is "trolls will be trolls"

Nuff said on my part, lest this thread gets shut down

cfe, jclausius and joluke like this.
  2. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The best thing to do: report the troll post and let the moderator delete it and punish the person in silence. They will never know what hit them

Anyway back to the topic. Anyone know what police group changes are done to fix chkdsk bug on windows 10? I know there is a fix out from Microsoft but I just wanted to make sure it was applied successfully since there are no logs of the said patch anywhere

Enviado do meu ASUS_I001DC através do Tapatalk

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I mean you find info here. On my phone. Use translate https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2020...en-unter-windows-10-20h2-und-windows-10-2004/

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. ElDiablo

ElDiablo Newbie

Reputations:
    Just wondering if anyone can help?

https://imgur.com/ql27Kdw

https://i.imgur.com/EnPGrRn.jpg

5. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello, try to locate them, 1st places to look > Windows\Temp & Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp, see snip.

Set your choice of filemanager to show hidden + system files.

If those GB's are in there, delete everything (files in use \ needed wil not be deleteable).

In any case make a disk image backup before doing anything (f.ex. Macrium Reflect)

Attached Files:

• mp.PNG
      mp.PNG
      File size:
      253.6 KB
      Views:
  6. ElDiablo

ElDiablo Newbie

Reputations:
    tree.png
    Would the ESD folder be included in temporary files as it is 4.6GB in size?

Using TreeSize shows the temp folder using only about 10mb.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  7. 6730b

Reputations:
  8. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Alright, 20H2 hit its last straw with me. It might interest some of you to know that I have ruled out undervolting as the cause of the crashes, so I dont know why it it doing what it is doing, but this is what happens each time it crashes, not even a bsod to say goodbye. upload_2020-12-24_18-11-3.png

Ok, which of these do I need to remove to go back to 2004? Or how do I do that again? Uninstalling the highlighted one did nothing for whatever reason.
    upload_2020-12-24_18-13-30.png

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...wngrade-windows-10-20h2-to-previous-versions/

Or search How to uninstall and downgrade Windows 10 20H2

-------------------------------------------------------------

The beauty in it's ugly skin.....

Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues windowslatest - December 25, 2020

Over the last few weeks, users have reported that a new Windows 10 update bug appears to have broken Check Disk, one of the most useful command line-based tools that Microsoft ships with the OS.

For those unaware, Microsoft reduced the number of staff working in the Windows testing team in 2014 and started using virtual machines to test updates. In addition to its virtual machines, Microsoft also relies on Windows Insiders (a group of tech enthusiasts willing to test beta builds of Windows 10 and providing feedback on features as well as bugs)

This approach has resulted in an increased number of issues and bugs, and it is also ruining Microsoft’s reputation. There you have it:)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  10. 6730b

Reputations:
    If space is the concern, take a look in win servicing LCU & Packages.
    Can contain many 100.000's files (actually many, many more files that the w10 OS itself), and up to many GB's. Very safe (in my experience) to delete all files in there if no plans on resets, rollbacks etc.

As always, a (Reflect) backup (disk image) is the 1 st move, will always cure any potential consequences of late night overenthusiasm :O)

Attached Files:

• del.PNG
      del.PNG
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
    joluke likes this.