Windows 10 20H2

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 9, 2019.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Me either, the last time I can say I had any OS issues with windows was vista before service pack 2. ME was a nightmare.

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Windows 7 is definitely the most stable and best-performing version of Windows that has ever been released. I had very few problems with any version of Windows prior to Windows 7 with the exception of ME. It was a piece of trash. And honestly, I haven't had many issues with Windoze 10 other than it is extremely bloated, slower (objective and measurable) and I personally find the UI to be unaesthetic and inefficient (subjective). Although, it is not nearly as ugly as 8.X was. Windows 10 also reflects the command and control, your data is our data, mindset that guides everything the Digi-Nazis do now, which I also find reprehensible.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Vasudev, steberg, jotm and 1 other person like this.
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Linux forum is right below this one. You would be better off there!;)

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    LOL. Maybe you should spend more time on Reddit, Facebook and Twitter. :vbbiggrin: Or, actually read what people post rather than cherry-picking items to troll with.

Normimb, Papusan and saturnotaku like this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Don't need to I get my news from trusted sources, and also from my on experiences. Not hearsay. Maybe you should give it a try sometime. Or, like I said, move on to linux. You know what the definition of insanity is right? Trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result. If you have such issue with windows 10, by all means, try the forum below this one. You may find it better than pissing and moaning about nonsense here.

Speaking of Trolling, maybe look in the mirror instead of constantly *****ing here.

6. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Not cherry picked but the truth. They release new features and kill what some people want. I'm 100% sure they build their new OS around own Jokebooks. Always connected as smarthphones just means telemetry can call home back to mama 24/7/365.

Windows 10 V2004 and the 'Modern Standby' problem that cannot be switched off
    Posted on November 26, 2020 by Günter Born
    [​IMG]
    I may have a solution to a problem that does not exist - at least not for Microsoft. In the Windows 10 May 2020 update (version 2004) and in the successor 20H2, the previously optional function 'Connected Standby' has given way to 'Modern Standby'. This option can no longer be switched off, which can cause problems with various software.

In this article is an issue for a system that supports the S0 Modern standby is shown. A rant about the modern standby mode that can no longer be switched off in Windows 10 V2004 can be found in the Technet forum - people are pretty pissed off.

upload_2020-11-27_22-29-57.png

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. 6730b

6730b Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ^^^ #492-495

[​IMG]

Vasudev, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Haters gonna hate. Well don't select modern standby until this issue is fixed. User error....not MS error.

9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    I don't think you understand... See this nice post by @maffle "I was just tired of Dell and also Microsoft", both forcing you into Modern Standby, which never worked, doesnt work, and will not ever work reliable....

Fail | Microsoft Modern Standby is causing some XPS, Lenovo and Asus laptops to heat up like crazy
    It's not comforting when the laptop in your backpack or bag would heat up to over 50 C or 120 F seemingly out of nowhere. Microsoft's latest feature can be undesirable in most cases especially to users who are unaware of the differences between Modern Standby and traditional S3 sleep

And isn't it amusing? Dell have made place an own section for Modern standby on their Dell community tech forum. Maybe @maffle @Dennismungai @abujafar can teach yoo.
    upload_2020-11-28_3-20-38.png

Windows 10: Do not save energy, just balanced in the settings - the modern standby is "to blame" deskmodder.de

This is not a bug, but is due to the "modern standby" (connected standby). Today we had this problem in our forum and Sassicaia was able to solve it. After executing the powercfg / a command in the command prompt , it was clear that only Standby S0 was activated on the system.

Since every manufacturer designs their bios differently, here is the general way as a solution:
    1. Go to the Boot tab in the bios
    2. There should be under the entry OS or similar, the choice between Windows 10 (WHQL) and "Other OS" (other OS). This setting is actually intended when you want to install Linux, for example. If you use the latter setting, then after activation and saving under powercfg / a , S3 is displayed again as Available.
    Yeah, at least you was able to call it an issue:D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Normimb and Vasudev like this.
  10. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Alright, time to chill. Take a few hours away from these debates -- as urgent and important as they may seem -- and attend to family or friends. If you wonder whether I am referring to you, then yes, I am ;)

Vasudev, steberg, 0lok and 2 others like this.