Windows 10 20H2

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    LTSC is the real Windows 10 and everything else is BETA. They use consumers to beta test this mess of an OS

Ashtrix, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    People jumped right on 1903 while I stayed on 1809. Only better option was LTSC version who is of course built on that OS version. And the same people hoped everything would be better with 1909. But as all know... Same OS version with some small features that was hided in the old flawed 1903. The real down screw come with 1903. I know, because I have tested them all for my benching https://hwbot.org/team/premamod/#Members

It's a reason I never upgraded to the new and flawed and stayed with it (The testing was done on my older inventory).

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Spartan@HIDevolution and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That's the nice thing about having storage up the kazoo on my desktop. I can have a crash test dummy drive to experiment with the filth whilst not disturbing the OSes that I actually care about. Then when I level criticism and vitriol for the filth it is based on personal experience rather than a logical expression of contempt based on previous demonstrations of poor judgment and bad behavior.

Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    If you test the newer OS versions on very weak older machine(s), you can fast find out what's work or not (they are more sensitive to any changes... stability - performance etc).

Micro$lope promised compatibility and no problems with hardware as long it can run Win 7/8.1. If those older machines from that time start struggle keep up after upgrade, then you know something is screwed up.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    0lok likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Windows 10 version 2004 roll-out imminent as Microsoft publishes release information pages
    May 26, 2020

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...microsoft-publishes-release-information-pages

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update (v2004): System Requirements and Compatible Chips wccftech.com | Today

As mentioned in an earlier piece, this is the first Windows 10 version coming under the new leadership of Panos Panay and Amanda Langowski who are now spearheading the OS and Insider programs. The company has also baked Windows 10 2004 way longer than any previous version.

Yeah, and nothing will change! Let the bug game begin......

Win10 version 2004 is here but… surprise!

Posted on May 27th, 2020 at 13:49 woody

Win10 version 2004 has been officially released.

Microsoft’s been testing it since December. We’ve been getting official notices about 2004’s status for months. The last official notice, on May 12, didn’t list any known bugs. Today’s notice, though, comes packed with all sorts of known, officially acknowledged, problems:

• Difficulty connecting to more than one Bluetooth device
      Windows 10 devices with certain Realtek drivers might be unable to connect to more than one Bluetooth device.
    • Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers
      Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.
    • Errors or issues during or after updating devices with certain Conexant audio drivers
      Devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen.
    • Issues using ImeMode property to control IME mode for individual text entry fields
      Some IMEs for certain langauges might have issues using the ImeMode property with certain apps.
    • Variable refresh rate not working as expected on devices with Intel iGPU
      Enabling VRR on affected devices will not enable the VRR for most games, especially games using Direct X 9.
    • Stop error when plugging or unplugging a Thunderbolt dock
      Devices using Thunderbolt docks may receive a stop error when plugging in or unplugging the dock
    • Errors or unexpected restarts for some devices using Always On, Always Connected
      Devices with more than one Always On, Always Connected capable network adapter might have issues.
    • No mouse input with apps and games using GameInput Redistributable
      Affected apps and games using both GameInput Redistributable and Windows 10, version 2004 might lose mouse input.
    • Issues updating or starting up devices when aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys is present
      Devices with apps or drivers using certain versions of aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys might have issues updating or starting
    • Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)
      You might have issues if you are using an Nvidia display adapter (GPU) and drivers with a version below 358.00.

upload_2020-5-27_21-57-5.png

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    which I have done with 20H1 a few months ago from an earlier 19041.x build to the current one (19041.264) and surprisingly these older desktop & laptop PCs that I have encountered no serious problems with 2004/20H1 - and the recent build of 2004/20H1 seems a little faster than 190x, 1809 & older Win10 versions :D:D:D
    lucky me huh, Papusan?

and here are the direct download links to the 20H1 build 19041.264 client multi-edition US english ESD files (32bit) (64bit)

joluke and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Haven’t tested the new and shiny (2004) on the gp machine with 1 wimpy core:D I'm quite sure it won't make it run faster.

Maybe one of you can test out the promised and <amazing> new HDD speedups:p

I will maybe change mind when I see you all is able to score above 2116 cb in CB-15 with stock clocked 9900K@4.7GHz in your notebooks.

Last edited: May 27, 2020