Windows 10 2004 (20H1/20H2)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    And yet you updated, all the same... The rhetoric here is confusing. Everyone here hates Windows, and yet they still use it? Why???

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    He updated to test and see if there's anything worthwhile in the new update. Microsoft promised increased CPU performance by mitigating the CPU performance loss caused by the Spectre/Meltdown patches. I tested it, same exact score in CINEBENCH but I had to try.

As for why do we use Windows? because there is no other alternative OS that can do all the things Windows can.

MacOS apps suck, they don't even have 1 download manager that can properly integrate into the browser to capture downloads automatically, you have to copy/paste each download link manually into the download manager. Sure you can use other browsers than Safari but then you get crappy battery life. The list is too big to list about the shortfalls of MacOS but that's just one example. Their apps left alot for me to be desired and forget about gaming.

Linux until this date is not an OS I will consider. Many apps that I use are missing and the most important thing, the basics, which is driver support is not there. Installing a drive in Linux requires a lot of research on how to use SUDO commands and what not! This is not 1995 anymore! Most people just wanna double click an app/driver and install it. Let alone the fact that for laptops the FN keys and feature like controlling lights, fans, etc, are not even an option. IMHO, Linux will never *ever* reach a state where it can be deployed on a large scale on consumer computers. They forget about the basics, which is getting it to work on most computers rather than focusing on apps and whatnot.

So with all its shortcomings, Windows is still the only OS that is useable if you want to watch movies, browse the net, enjoy the most popular apps, and play games. Luckily we know hot to tame it to behave as we want.

jclausius, 6730b and seanwee like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I have multiple installations. Those I rely on do not receive updates. My crash test dummy installation gets all of the filth the Redmond Retards can throw at it for testing purposes. My desktop boots Windows 7, three versions of Windows 10 and Linux Mint. My laptop boots Windows 10 and Linux. If I could do everything I want to do with Linux I would not use Windows 10 at all. It's garbage.

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Anyone noticed a performance increase in CPU/GPU in this build?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Nope. Nothing on the crash test dummy OS. No improvements I can identify.

6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    A minimal gains in HWBOT PiFast Benchmark
    But nothing to write home about. Maybe you should throw in an old fashion HDD and check out Micro$lopes performance boost claims:D I'm sure you have the time:p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "Windows 10 2004: external displays go black when drawing in Word"

- Microsoft says that external displays might go black if Windows 10, version 2004 users try to draw in apps including but not limited to Microsoft Office Word and Whiteboard.

- After the affected external monitors go black, customers will see that their graphics controllers are being marked as having issues in Device Manager.

- Redmond does say that they are working on a fix for this issue to be released in a future Windows 10 2004 version.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ernal-displays-go-black-when-drawing-in-word/

Now that's a new one!

EDIT: - Apparently not too new! I missed @Papusan's post here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...nd-announcements.826887/page-52#post-11021024

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.
  8. sixor

sixor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I agree but i just tested mint on my desk and lap and it was great. All drivers ok. All fn keys ok. Took less ram. Less hdd. Booted faster. It was a good experience.

But off course i need my gaming desk and some windows apps so i had to go back. But it was great for me a noob. For browsing. Movies. Torrent. Office. Was just awesome. Ubuntu i did not like it a bit. Tested a lot more distros but in the end mint was the best one for a 100% noob

Mr. Fox and jclausius like this.
  9. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    "What is the Windows 10 Windows Feature Experience Pack?"

- Once you get the May 2020 Windows 10 update, you also get this new pack, which Microsoft officials oddly won't discuss.

- As Microsoft continues to expand the pool of people who are getting the Windows 10 May 2020/2004 update automatically, it's also expanding the group that will have something called the "Windows Feature Experience Pack" installed on their machines.

- ... the Windows Feature Experience Pack listed as one of the Features on Demand for Windows 10 and Windows Server.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-windows-10s-windows-feature-experience-pack/

Are you Experienced?

Papusan likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Interesting...

Spartan@HIDevolution and Papusan like this.