Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I doubt it, RTM will be late this time due to multiple checks. BTW, the current 18362 has a bug and doesn't display App list in Settings > System > Apps

2. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Raiderman and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I'm using 19h1 on my main PC and I dare say 19H1 is garbage for general usage because most SW including perfectly fine VM images doesn't work. I'm running VMware 15 using Win 8 compatibility mode to prevent black screen issues.

4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    EDIT: Older Dx9/10/11 are exiting cleanly on build 18362.1 w/o resorting to forced shutdown due to blackscreen issues.
    Un-fixed issues:
    • Every apps/games on Nvidia Optimus Prime autobot needs to be manually specified to use dGPU in Graphics settings under Game mode settings in settings app.
    • VMware still doesn't detect and install the same build 18362.1 and copying sumatraPDF makes VMWare to crash and become unresponsive! For VMware to work correctly, I'm running latest update 15.0.3 under W8 compatibilty mode. Otherwise all you get is blackscreens. I updated VMware tools to 10.3.10.
    • Settings > Apps section crashes Immersive control panel aka Settings app.
    • Reserved storage also uses storage space reserved for PF and I had to decrease PF value to a fixed value rather than dynamic value to disabled Reserved storage completely.
    Sorry I could find only these issues on Pre-alpha build.

c69k and Aroc like this.
  5. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    on the other hand, I've clean installed 19H1 build 18362 x86/32bit on an old Dell inspiron e1405 laptop using an Intel Core Duo T2700 processor with 4Gb of RAM and it's surprisingly stable. (fwa ha ha, hee hee hee!) :D

edit: and I'm not using any VM at all

Aroc and Vasudev like this.
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Yeah I test custom built ISO w/o bloat so I use a VM to see if it boots or not! I also have W7 in a VM for legacy websites.

7. epguy3

Reputations:
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I doubt it. I have tried Alpha builds of RS2,4 and 5 in VMWare w/o official support/updates. Its some problem with W10 using different strings to identify itself to VM.

9. epguy3

Reputations:
    this blog from MS regarding build 18362 has been updated Tuesday 4/2:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18362/

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Windows 10’s “Stable” April 2019 Update Will Cause BSODs in Some Games Howtogeek.com | April 3, 2019

Windows 10’s April 2019 Update contains a change that causes some PC games to crash Windows with a blue screen of death. Not all games have fixed the problem, but Microsoft has confirmed it’s releasing the update anyway.

Okay, let’s be fair here: Most affected PC games have fixed the problem and won’t freeze your system. But some will, and we don’t know which. This change feels like a betrayal of Microsoft’s commitment to backward compatibility. It’s especially galling considering Windows 10 users have no way to opt out of these updates if they play an affected game.