Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Jan 30, 2019.

1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, that suggestion isn't always practical , especially with some types of laptops where driver support is lacking.

Case in point - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-to-install-nvidia-graphics-driver-in-linux.827193/

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Please Microsoft, leave Windows Search alone ghacks.net | Feb 3, 2019

Microsoft released a new preview build of the upcoming Windows 10 version 1903 feature update yesterday; it included, among other changes, a new top apps listing in Search.

Windows 10 users who run the build get a list of popular applications that they use the most on the device on top of the search results.

The top apps are displayed when users open the results so that they may be launched right away without firing off a search first.

[​IMG]

The addition of top apps feels like a change for change's sake, and less like something that would be of benefit to the majority of Windows 10 users.

Ashtrix and Vasudev like this.
  3. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    S
    So let's say I'm searching for some document and then I will get list of irrelevant apps on top as a result? I'm sorry to say, but what kind of idiot would come up with something like that?
    That's exactly why I would never ever use Bing for search, because it's results seem like randomly picked subjects by somebody who doesn't even speak english, that's why I eliminated option of looking in store to open unknown file extension, as it is complete waste of time. That win search is broken already as it is: no matter how many times I search for gpedit, it always comes up empty and I have to type full gpedit.msc to find what I'm looking for, but I think this tops it all up.

Woodking, Vasudev and Ultra Male like this.
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Try Everything Search. It finds anything on your computer instantly with 0 delay like the Microsoft Search: https://www.voidtools.com/Everything-1.4.1.932.x64.zip

I just put the portable version in my Software folder which contains portable apps then create a shortcut and drag it to my taskbar

Ashtrix, pete962 and Papusan like this.
  5. pete962

pete962 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love portable apps and don't use anything else, unless there is absolutely no other way, so will give it a try. And maybe I'm overthinking this, but my problem with this latest revelation is this: Either MS people who came up with this nonsense are complete idiots, or they think Windows users are idiots and will click on anything and everything. Not sure which one is worse.
    And keep in mind, Windows is not free, like Android that supports itself on advertising, this is paid OS.
    q

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Vasudev and Ultra Male like this.