Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    No one used Cortana before and won't with this update. However there are some useful features with the 2020 Spring update. I like the cloud download for reinstalling Windows, which means if you are reinstalling Windows from your HDD/SSD, Windows will download the most current files in combination with what's on your system. Now that's useful because you get an up to date OS rather than having to download all the other patches to make it current. Linux and many of their Distro's does this as well.

I also like the GPU temp readings in task mgr, also useful !

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah about time they did this! Apple has been doing this for more than a decade. Power off your iToy McDonald's book, hold Command + R while turning it on and baam! you can install the OS online with all drivers preinstalled! I wish we can reach that level of simplicity.

3. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The monkeys at Redmond HQ finally get it.

Microsoft confirms high CPU usage bug in latest Windows 10 1903 update
    Rich Woods · Neowin.net - 23 minutes ago

After the bug was reported over the weekend, Microsoft today confirmed the known issue in the latest Windows 10 cumulative update that causes high CPU usage. The firm is investigating.

Microsoft didn't provide a date for when this will be fixed, but it seems likely that this should be fixed for the mandatory Patch Tuesday update that will arrive in a week. And what will they break with that patch?:rolleyes:

upload_2019-9-3_21-26-32.png
    upload_2019-9-3_21-28-59.png
    I'm old fashion and prefer maintain my system myself. None should trust that this awful company is able to make something awesome.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Vasudev, 6730b, Mr. Fox and 1 other person like this.
  4. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The problem with preinstalled stuff from MS is that there will always be an issue compare to doing it yourself. So yea, I prefer doing it manually and am sure there is no hiccups on the drivers. ^_^

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I'm with you, bro. I DO NOT want "features" like that. I want to decide what gets installed, how it gets installed and when. I would consider behavior like that to be a downgrade and a liability rather than a benefit.

Vasudev, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  6. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I don't want to use cloud for OS install. It only take few min to create USB install disk. Plus connecting to internet during install mean M$ will install drivers. Usually they are old versions. In the end I will end up having to uninstall and reinstall latest versions again.

When I do fresh install I only connect to internet once i installed all the drivers. Cloud install worked well with Apple because they only have to support limited number of hardware.

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Their biggest fans also have a totally different mindset. The fact that they only have to support limited hardware configuration is also evidence of that. People that prefer Apple products generally do not think like PC enthusiasts. They generally do not change anything in terms of hardware and they use it the way it ships and are content to do so. They don't expect more from the products they buy than what they are told they should expect, and they place value on different things. Trying to mingle the two is like putting oil in water.

Ashtrix, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Don`t forget to run Disk Clean-Up when you happy, LOL with 1903 my Windows.old was around 28GB

John.

9. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

hmscott likes this.
  10. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I discovered this morning that I have been blessed with the "high CPU usage by Cortana" bug. Interesting that it appears even though I turned off Cortana with GPEDIT. Also, if I end it in task Manager, it restarts in about 30 seconds. This is build 18362.329, 1903. I tried the fix here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...941-update-causing-high-cpu-usage-in-cortana/ - specifically enabling Bing Search - and it has worked for now. I hope they fix the underlying problem. I am not a Bing fan.

Joe