Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Already posted long time ago that Microsoft has lackluster test routines. They isn’t able to test it properly

You mean older or newest version?
    362B95BF-6050-4B2B-9ACB-C003DDAF27E2.jpeg

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yup, I downloaded the latest and so far it's all working great. Thanks for suggesting I check for a new version.

The OOShutup10 About menu selection gave me the details about the environment and version:
    about OOShutup10.PNG

And, there is a link at the bottom of the Main UI top level that lets you check for the latest version, and when I clicked it after install - just to make sure - it verified I have the latest version:
    https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10/latest-version

The need to reset the options after Windows Update is run, or a patch is installed (?), is due to Windows installer / Update munging around in it's installation state to "self-repair" itself. So we need to re-run any tool that changes Windows Update settings after Windows Update or manually installing a Windows patch, re-apply the changes we desire, and then reboot for them to take effect.

3. Papusan

Reputations:
    I almost never need touch O&O Shutup. I disable Network, turn on WUB and run the patch installers I want. The machine re-boot back to Windows again and I disable Service with WUB and then connect to the netwoork. It's very rare there will be unwanted changes so I need re-add settings in O&O Shutup. Same also with WPD. But expect new firmware rules will come right before and or right after new Patch day. Check it so you won't be fooled by Mircro$lope.

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It may be rare but I check to be sure both for option changes and for the services to have been restarted. It only takes a few moments and I update rarely so it's not a burden. That is also good time to check for new versions of privacy / security apps, and run the new version and check for new options.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  5. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the 1903 media creation tool is now downloading build 18362.239 (1903 + KB4507453) ESD files like these (32bit) (64bit) [en-us client consumer]

aurion45 likes this.
  6. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 1903 18362.295 (KB4512508) August 13, 2019

Known issue with the KB4512508

• Windows Sandbox does not start 0x80070002 - Microsoft is working on a solution
    • Devices that start with Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) might not start with a "Status" error: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device is after the Installing this update on a WDS server is not connected or can not be accessed ". Again, Microsoft is working on a solution
    Fixed issues with the KB4512508
    • Fixes a problem that can prevent devices from booting or cause them to continue to be restarted when connected to a domain configured to use MIT Kerberos realms. Both domain controllers and domain members are affected.
    • Windows Application Platform and Framework security updates, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Cryptography, Windows Data Center Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Files, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
    • support.microsoft

Manual download of the KB4512508

8. Wolfzz

Wolfzz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    And new is better:rolleyes: @Mr. Fox @Falkentyne @Vasudev +++

"This is quite a worrisome normal trend, as the last month’s Patch Tuesday brought a lot of problems. Some of them haven’t been fixed yet, and Windows 10 users are getting more and more annoyed"

Falkentyne, Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Didn't even download the offline update, I usually wait for a week or two after GP testing is done.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.