Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Same here man, as soon as I install Windows and go online, nothing work, Office does't activate saying there is no internet, Windows does not activate, the Microsoft Store says there is no internet connectivity, the VPN is super slow, until I disable the Killer Network Service, Killer Bandwidth Control Service, xTend Services, everything comes back to life after a reboot.

Killer's Control Center and all its bandwidth priority BS is the worst thing that could ever happen to a laptop! Imagine the millions of clueless users out there who think their brand new X laptop that they bought has issues or slow internet or worse no internet and have no clue what could be behind this.

Killer Networking ought to seriously stop this BS of being auto installed with Windows updates and let the user decide whether they want their crapware or not.

macmyc, Aivxtla and Papusan like this.
  2. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I downloaded the Upgrade to USB and got the "you cannot upgrade with USB connected". Will give your approach, using the full Win 10 USB a try. Fingers crossed.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I only see that error if I have USB storage devices connected other than the Windows installation media (such as a second thumb drive or an external USB HDD). If I disconnect all USB storage devices except for the installation media, the error goes away. This is a known issue if that is what you are experiencing. Windows is trying to prevent the boot manager from being installed on the wrong drive in error.

Vasudev, Papusan and Ultra Male like this.
  4. Jdpurvis

Reputations:
    There were no other USB devices attached other than the USB with the setup files. So, I tried booting from the USB - it booted, ran, then "you cannot upgrade from boot media". So, I tried starting up, and running the setup program from the USB drive: "Your hardware is not ready for 1903 because you have a USB drive attached". So, I moved all of the files from the USB to a directory on the local drive. Setup ran, and locked at the same point it has for the last 15 times, with error message 0xc1900101 code 0x30017, "Failed in First Boot with error during boot operation". This really sucks.

Edit: This morning, I discovered that Windows Update had downloaded the 1903 update yet again, installed it, and was ready for restart. So, I restarted, and it again locked in the same place, with the same helpful error message: 0xc 1900101. I should have anticipated this outcome. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You should copy ISO from USB to HDD and then restart Setup.exe

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, while that is a bunch of unnecessarily frustrating crap to deal with, and you shouldn't have to, the silver lining is that you're not missing anything. Windows 10 1903 sucks.

7. Jdpurvis

Reputations:
    Sorry my note was unclear. That is exactly what I did - copied the ISO from the USB to a local SSD, and ran the setup.exe from there. It hung in exactly the same place it always has, in the first boot into Safe mode. BTW, I did verify that Safe mode is accessible on this machine, when I was checking for extraneous drivers.. This morning was unexpected - I had not planned to try again unless I was able to change something that could improve chances of success. So far, no joy. :(

J

8. raptorddd

raptorddd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    tried all day today with no luck. tried all suggestions
    run troubleshooter
    2command prompt about systemhealth

re installed netframework 3.5
    run
    sfc /scannow

stop windows update and delete folders.

ect.

in wupdates i get this now.

KB4503293

Failed to install on ‎6/‎13/‎2019 - 0x8024200d

should i leave it like this.?

9. Jdpurvis

Reputations:
    KB4503293 appears to be an update for 1903, so if 1903 has not installed, it will not install, i.e., probably not compatible with 1809.

raptorddd likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's the reason I clean installed v1809 few weeks ago.

raptorddd likes this.