Windows 10 1903

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 30, 2019.

1. epguy3

epguy3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    however, using the 1903 media creation tool downloads & creates 1903 ISOs that are build 18362.30 (not the newest build for 1903)

I'd rather do what Vasudev is doing and using UUP dump downloader & converter to download & create an "updated" 1903 ISO which includes the KB4505057 update for 1903 (build 18362.116).

also, when updating to 1903 thru either automatic update or windows update, users will be getting the newest 1903 build + latest CU for 1903
    well I have, done Win10 upgrades occasionally with MCT and it works on some of my PCs

Papusan likes this.
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    To each their own, but if I had a choice, I'd pick the official tool to download Windows 10 any day over someone's downloader tool.

I did use that tool before but only when this build was leaked and we had no official channel to get it.

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  4. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
  5. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I had read awhile ago that MS plans to use "Storage Sense" as a means to clean up the hard drive possibly replacing the Disk Cleanup Tool feature found in Windows Explorer.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It left some traces for me. I am using Cleanmgr+ and your disk cleanup shortcut with sageset and sagerun. Open up Cleanmgr+ and run Disk Cleanup shortcut, otherwise you might see a message saying "Disk Cleanup is going away in newer release, use Storage Sense instead."

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    This worked to upgrade the 1903 Insider Preview to the current release for me. The multi-edition ISO does not seem to include LTSC. It included Enterprise and Enterprise N, but no LTSC. Do you know if they changed something to where simply entering the LTSC product key changes Enterprise to Enterprise LTSC?

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    All editions are same. Because of deduplication scheme used by Enterprise OS to decrease file sizes by several folds.
    Have you tried running Activation troubleshooter from settings app? I install Home or Pro (My genuine setup is Home SL edition) depending on how lazy I am. Then I run activation troubleshooter which Upgrades my Home/Pro installation to Home SL w/o reinstall and it also keep gpedit.msc intact. Clever trick right? Free way to enable gpedit.msc permanently. I do run gpedit-enabler.cmd so that things gets updated to reflect my Home edition.
    Another thing to note, the cab files already contain Not_supported_on LTSC packs which gets rid off UWp apps.
    So if activation troubleshooter works correctly, You should have W7,W10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 SA Targeted release aka 1903 and v1809 Enterprise

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. 3Fees

3Fees Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Installed Windows 10 Version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.116) last night on 3 laptops, removed old windows versions with disk clean up- clean up system files-looking it over- there still is lots of Windows 10 drivers dating back to 2006, had to go into USB settings as this version automatically- clicks the tab to power down usb ports,, still looking thru it. I used Windows Media Creation Tool, the upgrade was easy. Windows 10 Back up and Restore( from Windows 7) got a silent fix in it( last version and carried thru), Back and Restore now works with 32 bit Ose's, early versions did not work.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Aroc and Vasudev like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's a cool way to get gpedit for Home. :vbthumbsup:

So, what you're saying is if I use one of my LTSC product keys it will automatically delete the already installed UWP filth and change the installation from Enterprise to Enterprise LTSC? Is that correct?

The ISO I used for LTSC 1809 installation is an LTSC ISO, not an AIO. It shows the EULA for volume licensing during installation. Enterprise is activated by digital license, but I have to use phone activation for LTSC. It is not tied to my desktop by digital license and doesn't show up in my list of devices.

I have not identified anything particularly good or special about 1903 yet. I do think the "Your Phone" app is useful. It kind of sucks that I won't be able to use AeroGlass until Big Muscle releases an update for 1903. I really don't care for the blur on the log-in screen. Need to see if there is a way to turn that off. I also don't like the Windows 10 flavor of transparency. Acrylic isn't that nice IMHO. Kind of a lame excuse for transparency. AeroGlass is far superior.

Edit: Found it! https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...lic-blur-effect-sign-screen-windows-10-a.html

Since Windows 8.X was released, Micro$lop has shown an ongoing lack of understanding of what is aesthetically pleasing for the UI. The blurred logon screen background is just the latest example of their knack for producing tacky-looking crap.

upload_2019-5-22_8-38-46.png

Last edited: May 22, 2019