Window 10 on CF-19 MK4?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Soninihon, Sep 3, 2019.

1. theoak2

theoak2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    if I remember correctly, uninstall Intel Dynamic Power Perf driver (which I believe you already did). This driver may also be called ETM, or PCI Data Acquisition & Signal Processing Controller. Then go to "Windows" then "System32" folder then "drivers" folder and rename anything with "etm" in it. The uninstaller does not remove these "etm" entries. I don't think you have to reboot, but can't remember for sure. Then try upgrade to Win10 process again.

Shawn and UNCNDL1 like this.
  2. jrbauerjr

jrbauerjr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well. I finally got partial success, I ended up having to reformat the drive as Win 10 sstateds that it didn't like the factory reinstall partition. Installed 1903 afterwards, however it didn't install any Panasonic drivers. I guess I'm going to download the Mk 5 6 7 version and try to install them this evening...

Thanks for all the help so far... Funny thing Win 10 had no problem with the restore partition on my HO desktop....

Jim

3. ADOR

ADOR Evil Mad Scientist

Reputations:
    Also as far a Panasonic MISC driver, panasonic hotkey, etc. I have had some luck in the past using those drivers from different models.

4. jrbauerjr

Reputations:
    Oh well, it got worse, it doesn't have the product key from Win 7 as I had to format the drive...So now it won't activate Microsoft wants me to buy a copy of Win 10 Pro, the people on the phone were no help what so ever... I guess I'll need to buy a restore disk from Heartland and start all over....

5. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Use the win7 key from your laptop. Sticker on bottom.
    If you don't have it and can't get it somewhere ;) - restore disk will not help.

6. jrbauerjr

Reputations:
    Very good, had to install a second copy of win 10 over the top of the first one.... Tomorrow DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you........

7. jrbauerjr

Reputations:
    Everything appears to be fine except for the Panasonic brightness controls, Win 10 is overriding them...

8. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Please describe the problem more clearly

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  9. jrbauerjr

Reputations:
    The brightness function keys turn the brightness up and down, but the settings in the PC Settings instantly override them and return it to the preset level, The PC Settings will change the brightness level.. I used the updated Win 7 64 MK4 drivers from the Panasonic website.

Jim

10. BaRRmaley

BaRRmaley Notebook Deity

Reputations: