Win 10 pro random reboots on cf31

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by sunrk, Apr 30, 2021.

1. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
    Software, check google for cpu running 100% on Windows.

2. sunrk

sunrk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My system still has the 0x80073712 problem which is beyond my technical ability to fix. Only option is going to be (another) full re-install from scratch.

I wouldn't even consider trying Win11 and I doubt it's possible to get Win11 pro without shelling out uber $$$ for a genuine license.

3. Springfield

Springfield Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I was able to Activate a copy of Win 11 (beta) from the Microsoft site on several older Toughbooks using the OEM Win 7 key from sticker on the bottom. Several were non-UEFI and none of them met the processor requirement, but I followed the instructions here and they are all still Activated after a number of updates and reboots.

4. Geraout

Geraout Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Similarly, if you are installing win 11 on a unit that has previously had win 10 activated, the licence seems to be registered somewhere in the bios and it automatically activates.

5. mattpayne

mattpayne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the volume product keys for win 10 and 11 are the same GVLK/MAK&KMS - the WIM files for win 11 even register as windows 10 in MDT so win 11 is just a windows 10 update.

6. mattpayne

mattpayne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I cant remember the error code, but my CF31 which was running Win10 pro fine for years started Blue screening with a DPC Watchdog violation, the problem was the SATA controller had managed to update or uninstall itself...

Quote from one of my previous posts...
    Had an issue with DPC Watchdog violation at first, tracked that back to windows update selecting a generic SATA controller - installing the original Intel series 6 drivers seemed to have fixed this.

This may not be your issue as my machine never ran hot, bt something to consider if the error codes matches.

7. sunrk

sunrk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I did a full re-install of Win 10 pro last year it worked fine but then that same error code I reported above occured and Windows update stopped working. I am going to presume it's because of a corruption caused by something infected that stuffed up the registry but I run regular checks and find nothing.

The biggest PITA is having to fully backup the system first, then take the deep-dive of having the system fully 'self-delete' and re-install of the USB stick I have of Win 10 Pro.