Win 10 on CF 18 N

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by 1517, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
  2. Shawn

Reputations:
    Did you follow the very detailed instructions in this thread?

3. 1517

1517 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi late late update.

Win 10 is working good. All buttons on front work after some loooong trials. Cant really say what I did, just a lot of installing reinstalling and restarts. But stable now.

The only MAJOR issue is the every time windows does a cumulative update after restart, it seems to loose some drivers!!! :(

I will usually have to reinstall or do a full power down and restart several times. Updates wont let me turn them off.

The other issue is when like I installed the GPS module, the driver like always took several restarts to work good. Annoying but doable. The issue s Win10 wont let me merge registry fix even under admin account. Had to manually type into registry with regedit( a major no no, you could fry registry/not start). Not sure if it really work just know it works. Any ideas on this would like to hear.

Not bad considering I got OS free and now my little CF 18 has another 10 years left in it with MS lifecyle................:)

4. 1517

1517 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi my CF 18 MK5 has 915GSM but Win 10 wont see no matter what I did. So I left it at basic display driver. Tablet works just fine.

I have done several CF 18s this way and seem to work fine and most people don't ask or care what in there, as long as it works....:)

5. 1517

1517 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi when I install WIn 10 I just let it install itself, it will do minimal workable install, reboot/restart then later try drivers. Do create system restore first, in case you need it later.

I have seen Pentium 750 MHz, 1 gig memory runs just fine slow but doable even if MS says no.....:)

6. 1517

1517 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi just happens today is download Tuesday from MS, seems my CF 18s will update, but I have to restart several times to get it to "set" itself and everything even buttons works. Almost like MS update messes with registry then it realizes the drivers and they just start working after several restarts.

My CF 30 C and CF 30 F do not do this. I have two CF 18 Ns one has Win 10 Pro and other has Win 10 Pro N (Europe version, hey it was free!! :) )
    and they both do the same. Rest of month work flawlessly, only on update days is it a pain. :(

does any one have solution/answer??? Thanks............................:)

7. Shawn

Reputations:
    Not any real help, but I disabled win updates completely. No more problems.

onirakkiss likes this.
  8. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I would say the same thing if you were running W7 but since it's W10 you need all the updates you can get since M$ is still trying to fix this crappie software they call a OS. W10 might be free but they are making a lot of money off of you . The problems you are having, everyone is having.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.