Will Windows 7 speed up my notebook? I currently have Vista.

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by billabong08, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Another method you could use would be this:

Find Windows Vista Home Premum (32bit or 64bit) with already slipstreamed SP2. Install it, and use the OEM key on the back of your laptop to activate it.

It's much better to just install Vista like that instead of downloading the service packs and installing them separately on a RTM version (that doesn't have any service packs).

In order to install Windows OS, you have to go into BIOS by pressing F2 button immediately after hitting the power button to activate the machine.

Find the Boot options and make sure your optical drive (DVD) is set as the first boot device.
    Input the Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 or 64bit) into your optical drive.
    Exit the BIOS by saving the changes and once you are prompted to press any button to jump start the DVD, do that, and finally follow the on-screen instructions.

Here are instructions that can help you in detail:
    Installing and reinstalling Windows Vista

Best to do a clean-install of Vista because you will eliminate the bloatware that came originally with the machine.
    Although, I would probably recommend you do download and store the necessary drivers for the laptops devices onto a separate partition (same thing would go for any critical files your gf might have stored).

2. DarkSilver

DarkSilver MSI Afterburner

Reputations:
    7 > Vista > XP, IMO.
    7 and Vista are actually same.
    Just that 7 is like a tweaked Vista only.

3. Sabre-shin

Sabre-shin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MS actually admitted that 7 is what Vista was supposed to be...but due to their release schedule they never had the chance to actually get it done before release.

4. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    I remember early screen shots of the unofficial Longhorn looked more like W7 than Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.