will VGA to 22 inch monitor look good?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by bpage, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakejm79

jakejm79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    RE: Windows7, I have been using it and other than some crashes in games (and even those were pretty much limited to one game and the graphics settings test). Other than that my only issue has been with mapping a network drive, it never seems to reconnect at logon or save the password.

2. bpage

bpage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i am able to get a copy of windows 7 32bit through my school for free.. would you recommend the 32bit version or should I just hold on to the 64bit vista that comes with my laptop? i'm not entirely sure of the differences between the 2 bit versions

3. jakejm79

Reputations:
    I am unsure of what you mean, "through my school for free" since it's being beta tested and is free to everyone available to sign up. I would suggest you keep both and dual boot since come summer 09 W7 should stop working if it's the beta. Plus it would allow you to compare side by side.

4. bpage

Reputations:
    i guess you right.. im an idiot lol.. i thought you could only get the beta through torrents and stuff.. where could i find a link for the 64bit version of windows 7?

5. jakejm79

Reputations:
  6. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have done 1920 x 1200 with an ati radeon 9000igp lol

7. bpage

Reputations:
    it says that downloads are no longer being offered for it.. will it go up again?

8. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    Back to the original question, I am running a full HD 22inch monitor via VGA, and looks great. It's just as good as my brother's DVI connection on a monitor that's almost the same as mine.

9. sublime313

sublime313 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ok i went out and bought a 6' HDMI 1.3b cable today for $27 and guess what? i dont notice ANY difference than from the VGA connection. absolutely zero! i think i might take it back for a refund... ???

i'll also add that my monitor is 24" 1920x1080 and i have the reslution set as such...

10. bpage

Reputations:
    colton, cam you get 720p resolution with vga? i wasnt sure if you could get any hd if you go through vga..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.