Will it void my warranty?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Fogu, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fall Creator Update is like a major service pack update from the past so it's basically a cumulative of fixes and enhancement from the past which had been slipstreamed by Microsoft.

Fogu likes this.
  2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey. I r not a bloat.

The Killer Control Center can be very useful for controlling bandwidth on your machine. It's gamer-centric, but things like videos and browsing also get priority over things like bulk file downloads like Windows Update or Steam Updates, so that those relatively small, but latency-sensitive applications get first priority over the bandwidth hogs.

As far as resource usage, the latest Killer Control Center sits well under 200 Mb of RAM and generally shows up as 0% CPU, even when using Doubleshot Pro, so it's definitely not bloat.

If you have any questions about the Killer Control Center, I would be happy to answer them here, or you can contact me directly at http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact

Edit: That said, no, uninstalling the Killer Control Center will not void your warranty. That would be a really weird warranty.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Fogu, steberg and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:

Is this the link for drivers only (without killer control panel / bandwidth control)? -> https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads

Some of us don't have a pair of killer wlan+lan or just don't prefer to use the control panel at all.

4. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, that's the one. You can either download Killer Drivers Installation exe or the INF package to manually update using device manager.

Killer_Networking likes this.
  5. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    macmyc is correct.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

6. Fogu

Fogu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I apologize for replying late, didn't get the alert for the reply on time.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. I'll make sure to "mess" with the application first before trying to uninstall it.

As for the warranty part, I was mostly referring to the "if I install the bloat-free Windows 10" scenario haha