1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Will i7-2617M and a Intel GMA HD 3000 run Diablo III?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by valmancer, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmancer

valmancer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,

I am aware that these are not any good for real gaming, but I will mostly play non-demanding games. So, do you think this setup could run Diablo III when it eventually comes out, at least at the lowest settings?

Thanks in advance,

Valmancer

2. Lieto

Lieto Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    seeing how all blizzard games can run on lowest settings on just about anything i would say "yes". But it will hardly be an enjoyable experience — no visual effects, low poly models, 25 fps etc.

3. jerg

jerg Have fun. Stay alive.

Reputations:
    Everything on low, then yeah. Still for such a great game, it'd be shameful to be playing it on low.

4. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Everything on minimum will be your only hope.

5. sprtnbsblplya

sprtnbsblplya Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how well it will run, the HD3000 in that particular i7 will only run at a max of 950mhz.
    Compared to the max of 1.3ghz in the HD 3000 that is integrated into the i5-2540m that I use in my T420, SC2 ran in the low 20s framerates with everything on low and the res at like 1280x720 or something like that.

So figure with all settings at bare minimum, crazy low res, and expect framerates in the high teens to very low 20s.

6. Madstrike

Madstrike Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think its possible, however if u do decide to go PvP someday the fps ull get will hurt ur performance, thats what I think anyway.