Will be buying soon!

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by abepaniagua, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abepaniagua

abepaniagua Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    General Questions

1) What is your budget?
    $1,000 (maybe, I could throw 100 or 200 bucks more, depending)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Where will you buying this notebook? You can select the flag of your country as an indicator.
    USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    Nah, you all know more than I do the warranties...

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
    Maybe...if it's a good brand and deal

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
    Master's works (which involve some CPU intensive softwares), some gaming (Play TF2 and will play BF3), watch movies and many other stuff

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
    Both

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
    YES, TF2 and BF3 (Mainly, FPS) I've seen the GTX560m and it really calls my attention...ok ok, I fell in love with it! lol

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    W/E...i prefer being hooked up

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
    Buying online without seeing it, is ok...Pictures say a lot

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
    Win7 but I got my Win7 Ultimate x64 edition

Screen Specifics

12) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read. Click here for Screen resolution information.
    1920x1080p...I want it so badly...

13) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?
    Any, but Matte it's more preferable...

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Nah...just not TOO bulky...

15) When are you buying this laptop?
    August...before the 15th.

16) How long do you want this laptop to last?
    2-3 years...

Notebook Components

17) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?
    Any...SSD are too expensive so I guess it wont be possible, so, more than 500GB and 7200RPM (must)

18) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
    Blu-ray Reader it's a must...I wanna use the laptop as a player when I move around to my friends' houses...watch movies in it.

Hope you can help me...i've found some stuff but need discounts and a reliable laptop with some guidance.

2. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm thinking the ASUS G53/G54 or the MSI 15" gaming laptop (I don;t know model name).

I'm pretty sure they come with GTX 560m, 1080p screens and should be around $1200.

3. abepaniagua

Reputations:
    Aren't those asus too bulky?

I have been looking at HP DV6 series, but the 6770M seems kinda weak...Also, some sagers/clevo but there are some many things out there in the market and im so noobie when it comes to laptops :(

4. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yup it's bulky. But most laptops with a GTX 560m are going to be on the beefier side of things [as most gaming laptops are bulky]. Also, consider the GTX 560m card is predicted to barely be enough to play BF3 on higher settings.
    This is where comprises come into play. You want a gaming laptop, or do you want a laptop that can also play some games.

The SAGER NP8130 is good [I believe it starts around $1300]. As bulky if not bulkier than ASUS g53

The HP DV6 is a good laptop, but it falls into the second category from the above explanation [imo].

I found this. It's an off-brand that uses the MSI system. Comes with most of what it sounds like you need. Starts at $1070.
    http://www.xoticpc.com/force-16f2-msi-16f2-p-3078.html

Good luck

5. abepaniagua

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot (added to the "possible buy")

does anyone have another option?

6. abepaniagua

Reputations:
    No other 15" laptop got the 6780m? or 6970m?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.